contests

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
The tank of the month contest closed once it got 5 entries. Shouldn't it remain open for several weeks and have as many entries as possible?

It just seems a bit weird if only 5 people can enter their tank and that is all. Surely the more tanks in the contest, the better?

FYI I'm not interested in entering, I just thought it was a bit weird that the thread was closed as soon as it got 5 entries.

IF TOTM HAD MORE THAN 5 ENTRIES, MANY PEOPLE WILL ENTER HOPING TO WIN
TOTM.HOWEVER ALL THOSE WHO DIDN'T WIN WILL BE DISAPPOINTED AND LEAVE THE SITE

First of all, @Moony42 , will you please turn of your cap lock.

Secondly, @Colin_T , if they have as many entries as possible, then not only will @Fishmanic be stressed to the point of fainting, but everyone would vote of red themselves! If there is only 5 entries, then that will give the chance for everyone to vote for someone different. :)

Secondly, @Colin_T , if they have as many entries as possible, then not only will @Fishmanic be stressed to the point of fainting, but everyone would vote for themselves! If there is only 5 entries, then that will give the chance for everyone to vote for someone different. :)
Valid point... also I want anyone who didnt enter on time to be ready when next contest starts... it will help make sure we have enough entrants on next months contest.. also it’s better to have all entrants fit on one page. And it would be harder to make a choice if we had more than 5 to pick from.

Voting thread will be up soon.

Last edited:
We’re lucky, at this point, to get 5 entries. We can’t get our members to enter now. Fishmanic is working his brains out trying to get interest in the contest. I just don’t understand why this forum doesn’t get more participation. A forum is only as strong as the members who participate. I enter to help provide some competition. If It were me doing all of the work without some involvement by the members, I’d just quit the whole thing. I personally, sincerely appreciate the work that Fishmanic puts into this. Thank you so much. For members who read our forum but don’t post or get involved, shame on you!

IF TOTM HAD MORE THAN 5 ENTRIES, MANY PEOPLE WILL ENTER HOPING TO WIN
TOTM.HOWEVER ALL THOSE WHO DIDN'T WIN WILL BE DISAPPOINTED AND LEAVE THE SITE
Perhaps if someone took the time to explain to you why they don’t like all caps, you could understand and take off the cap lock button. In texting or posting, caps means you are yelling. That is offensive. Now that you understand, can you please take off the cap lock and type with both upper and lower case letters? Thank you so much.

unclesam3-jpeg.91413

I WANT YOU
TO

VOTE

Hear Yee, Hear Yee..
VOTING THREAD IS NOW UP! VOTE NOW!
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/june-2019-tank-of-the-month-contest-vote-now.452439/

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back