Constipated Betta?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FlareBettaGuy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I see strings of red poo all over the place. It's very red. And it's been like that for a week or so. I feed him betta pellets. But i've never had a problem with them before. Could it be that the food is expiring? Or some other reason? Thanks!

What do you feed him exactly? Maybe you need to vary his diet.

ONe of my bettas *the one I rescued from my brother* has been eating like a pig, basically because he hadn't had anything to eat before I found him. He's pooin' up a storm. :lol: Are you feeding him more than usual?

I have two different brands of pellets. I'm pretty sure that they are for bettas, cause there is a big picture of bettas on the label. I feed him three pellets every morning at 6:00 AM, and then use the other brand of pellet at night at 9:00 PM, three pellets. So I alternate from day to night and day to night. He also eats cabbage sometimes. And bloodworms. (rarely) Jeez, the poop is everywhere, and it's bright red!! :crazy: :sick: :X :X :X

do you fast your betta? It's good to fast them at least one day a week

In your case, maybe fast him for 2-3 days and watch him to see what happens to his poo.

If you see poo he's not constipated. Try giving him fresh food, pellets might be messing up his system and a strictly pellet diet is the perfect recipe for swim bladder. Go buy some frozen bloodworms (Hikari) they're REALLY cheap (about 4.00) and they'll last forever feeding only one betta. Just break off a chunk from the package and defrost them in a shot glass with a splash of tank water. Then feed them to him one at a time. He'll looove ya for it :p

I don't fast my fish...I know your supposed to but to me it seems like that would stress them out :/ mine eat every day and I've never had a problem, but mine also eat tons of fresh food so that helps with clearing out their systems :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back