Constipated Angelfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TimJC

Reaction score
Hi All,

3 out of the 4 angelfish I am fostering seem to be constipated. I have tried feeding peas (shelled) and pellets but does not seem to be working. In regards to the pellets they try to eat them but they seem to spit it out, eat it again and then spit it. The peas they are ignoring completely, but then that is not surprising as they're carnivores.

Any help would be great. It can't be nice for the fish and it's not nice to see poo stringing out of them.

Tim

Have you tried to get live food? I know for a fact that they make specific food for discus, because they don’t like pellets. Look at your LFS or online to see if you can find specific food for them. :)

Fast the affected angelfish for 3 days, even though they are carnivores it may eat the pea after that. It may pass in the three days as well

After thinking more about this, how do you know they're constipated?...perhaps they're just refusing the pellet food you're feeding....and don't like the peas none neither!

Pretty much what I said. I said that the Angle fish might not be constipated, it just might not like the food.

Angle fish need another alternative than pellets. (Aka freeze dried food, flakes, etc.)

Hi all, sorry for not replying sooner. I’m lucky that work is extremely busy.
The angelfish were eating all the flake and pellet food. Earl was not dropping his faeces like he was doing or how the others were. He was also slightly bloated.
I am pleased to say after 3 days of fasting he seems to be much better no faeces attached and no longer bloated!

thank you for your support guys. I now have a mixture of flake, pellet and frozen foods.

Tim

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back