Considering Killi's

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SandMan8388

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well to start off I have a 75 U.S. gl tank that is semi-empty and I was hoping my tank and occupants would be compatible. Let me know what you think!

My tank occupies:
4 Angel Fish (1 full grown, 3 Juveniles)
3 Bleeding Heart Tetras
3 Phantom Tetras
2 Guppies
3 Cories
4 Glow Light Tetras

My water is at a 7.0 Ph and all my fish have been healthy for almost a year now.

I have done a little research on them and so far everything is pointing towards the go-ahead. But like always I was looking for a second opinion. Thanks for your help! :)

Possibly Epiplatys dageti Monrovia. (surface loving) not very colourful as killifish go but considering your inhabitants probably the best choice. The usual suspects like Aph.australe, Fp. gardneri & Aph striatum (all good killifish species for the novice) will all go for the guppies tail, without a doubt. Please don't buy Aplochelius lineatus normal or gold (golden wonders) as they will eat the smaller species you have there. IMO dageti would be your best bet, but I just know you want the more colourful ones.
Regards
BigC

Bummer, wish I could get some of the more colorful ones. However I am not willing to risk my other fish for Killi's. I will look into the dageti though. I don't know though. I had to get rid of my kribs because they were becoming to aggresive towards other fish. So I could end up having a problem with these as well. Let's hope for the best! Thanks for your response Big C! :good:

Possibly Epiplatys dageti Monrovia. (surface loving) not very colourful as killifish go but considering your inhabitants probably the best choice. The usual suspects like Aph.australe, Fp. gardneri & Aph striatum (all good killifish species for the novice) will all go for the guppies tail, without a doubt. Please don't buy Aplochelius lineatus normal or gold (golden wonders) as they will eat the smaller species you have there. IMO dageti would be your best bet, but I just know you want the more colourful ones.
Regards
BigC

BigC, with my golden wonder panchax, I think they would be great tankmates for SandMan8388's tank because my panchax are in with small Guppies, Mollies and Neon tetras and they have not eaten a single one of them.

BigC, with my golden wonder panchax, I think they would be great tankmates for SandMan8388's tank because my panchax are in with small Guppies, Mollies and Neon tetras and they have not eaten a single one of them.
This is the problem with Aplo. lineatus one day everything is fine and the next day disaster strikes. These fish are fine when small when they reach 90-100mm then they pose a problem to smaller species.

my gold wonder's are fine i bought a pair of them with my 20 gallon and now there in my 60 gallon, keep them well feed they like blood worms, they attacked my fish for like a few mins and they stoped after i feed them, from what i hear it seems like a 50-50 thing and i'm not saying that yours wont be agresive or eat smaller fish but mine dont and they have never eaten anything expt blood worms and flake food, especaily in a big tank they seem to ignor all the other fish and occasionaly chase each other around.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back