connorlindeman - July Tank of the Month Winner (17-30 Gal)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
July 2022 Tank
of the Month Contest
We had 6 awesome tanks entered in this month's TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
connorlindeman
Let's all congratulate them
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description
img_5561-1-jpg.162106

Here is my 20g high aquarium. It has come a very long way since I entered it in Janurary!

Plants:
Moneywort(recently added not much growth yet)
Jungle Val(recently added not that much growth yet)
Water Sprite
Pearl Weed
Salvinia Minima(floating)
Cabomba Caroliniana

Most of the plants grow fairly fast so I am able to sell the trimmings on etsy

Hardscape:
Oak sticks(I gathered this myself. Nothing better than finding your own aquarium decor :) )
Malaysian Driftwood(bought on etsy)
Random rock from the fish store

Stocking:
Neon tetra(x11)
Cherry Barb(x5)
Red Eye Tetra(x3 I know they should be in a larger tank. beginner mistake)
Corydoras virginiae(x2. There were more but they died :-( )
Few pest snails(ramshorn)
Food:
frozen daphnia
frozen brine shrimp
live mosquito larvae
bug bites microgranules
bug bites flakes(spirulina and color enhancing)

The tank gets a 50% WC weekly. Dosed with Seachem Iron and Flourish as necessary.

Equipment:
Quietflow 10(filter)
Eheim 100w heater
AQUANEAT LED Aquarium Light(just added)
DIY acrylic lid

Parameters:
Ph 7.3
Gh 180ppm(i think)

NOTE: The picture may look heavily edited but its just lower exposure and taken at night with minimal adjustments to make it look as close to real-life as possible. :)

Congratulations!
I remember from a previous thread we discussed the oak sticks you'd added
Oak sticks(I gathered this myself. Nothing better than finding your own aquarium decor :) )
And I said how much I liked how they added to the natural look of the tank, while you said your mom didn't like them, thinking it looked messy? Seems others agree with me that it looks great! :Dtrophy1

I hope the others know how hard it was to choose a winner this time though, all of the tanks entered were awesome!

Congrats to @connorlindeman with your superbly aquascaped 20 gallon high aquarium. Great job and good picture taking.
Coming in 2nd place is @biofish with their 29 gallon guppy tank. Congrats on your 2nd place finish with your great looking tank.
And coming in 3rd place is @Rocky998 with his 20 gallon high Peacock Grudgeon tank. Nicely set up tank and great pic.
Thanks go out to everyone who participated in this month's TOTM contest. For August, we will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. Get those tank pics ready to enter the contest.

Right now we are accepting entries for our very popular Pet of the Month contest. If you have a pet besides, fish, please consider entering your pet in the contest. Click on the following link to view the entry thread.

Last edited:
Congratulations!
I remember from a previous thread we discussed the oak sticks you'd added

And I said how much I liked how they added to the natural look of the tank, while you said your mom didn't like them, thinking it looked messy? Seems others agree with me that it looks great! :Dtrophy1

I hope the others know how hard it was to choose a winner this time though, all of the tanks entered were awesome!
Thank you so much!
Wait till i tell my mom ;-)

Congrats, great tank! I love the Neons. They flash me back to childhood just like the smell of a new box of crayons, Ivory soap, or finger lickin' good paste glue. I wish I could keep them alive :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back