Congos and Kribs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jimwg

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey Restarted up my 75 gallon with 13 congo tetras and 2 female kribensis. Not sure what else to put in with them if anything, everything's peaceful right now. Transferred my old biological filter media (141 biochem stars) and prefilter sponges from a defunct canister filter (Marineland that ran for well over 15 years) to a new Aqua Top CF MKII Series which so far is working brilliantly though I've read some reviews of leaks as they get older. Any thoughts as to whether a group of tiger barbs might be an addition or would that be asking for the possibility of trouble?

I wouldn't to tiger barbs.
You have a really nice tank there. What I would want to do if I was doing an African tank.
Id get like 7 more congos and a krib or 2 more.
Then maybe you could add some type of synodontis? (I don't know much about them) Maybr upside-down cats and call it a day?
Good luck and please post picture!

Yes I'd thought maybe I'd want to keep it an African tank. I did want to get more kribs but apparently I bought the only 2 in the #@*! state of Iowa. The nearest places I could find to order them were New York and Arizona and the safe shipping would be cost prohibitive. So you think even more Congos? 7 more would make 20. I do love them but I have a swarm now though I'm sure my filtration would support more. I'll try to get a good picture though so far can't really see the fish in previous efforts due to them being small and swift.

Yes I'd thought maybe I'd want to keep it an African tank. I did want to get more kribs but apparently I bought the only 2 in the #@*! state of Iowa. The nearest places I could find to order them were New York and Arizona and the safe shipping would be cost prohibitive. So you think even more Congos? 7 more would make 20. I do love them but I have a swarm now though I'm sure my filtration would support more. I'll try to get a good picture though so far can't really see the fish in previous efforts due to them being small and swift.
Arixzona nature aquatics? that store? DO NOT BUYT FORM THEM!!! Ive herd the worst horror stories form them. Well if you don't feel comfortable getting 7 more id get at least 2.
I think your filtration will be jut fine.
Wetspot has kribs. Check them out.

Arixzona nature aquatics? that store? DO NOT BUYT FORM THEM!!! Ive herd the worst horror stories form them. Well if you don't feel comfortable getting 7 more id get at least 2.
I think your filtration will be jut fine.
Wetspot has kribs. Check them out.
Thanks that's good to know about Arizona Nature Aquatics but too far from me anyway. Just checked out Wetspot, they're in Oregon so even farther.

Yes, don't get tiger barbs. I would get some more congo's. I love the look of congo tetras, lol. :)

Oh. Were you thinking about them? Just look at their reviews. Terrible!
Good luck!
I'm glad that you could give some quick advice on how bad that online store was, before the OP ordered fish from them. :good:

Oh. Were you thinking about them? Just look at their reviews. Terrible!
Good luck!

I did look at their ebay ad for Kribs but in any event they're just too far away for a safe shipment unless I wanted to spend a fortune for overnight delivery so glad now I didn't even try.

Yes, don't get tiger barbs. I would get some more congo's. I love the look of congo tetras, lol. :)
Yes Congos are some of my favorite fish. I will likely get some more and pretty much have a species tank (except for the 2 Kribs)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back