Condy Anemone Feeding?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Earthling84

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Condy Anemone. Had him a few days and it is going well. I have fed him once, I use cocktail shrimp often to feed my eels and other fish, so I tried this for the anemone. He grabbed the piece I dropped near him and pulled it in and ate it. That was pretty cool(this is my first anemone) :)

My question is, how often should anemone's be fed? ... or really how often should Condy Anemone's be fed?

Thanks!

Dice the food up into small bits, to make it easier for the food to enter his mouth. Condys are probably my favorite nems and certainly my favorite to watch eat. The more you feed it, the more often it will stay closed, but the healthier it will be. I used to feed mine twice a week. I would dice up mysis shrimp, and spray the stuff onto his tentacle. Never spray the food into the nems mouth EVER. Dont even put the food that close to it's mouth for risk of being stung or getting one of its tentacles caught on your syringe. Just spray it at the tentacles, let him do the rest of the work. Be aware though, mine grew from about the size of a baseball, to about the size of a basketball if not large within the span of a year. They get REALLY big REALLY fast. I must say though, probably one of my favorite animals I've ever kept.

Be aware though, mine grew from about the size of a baseball, to about the size of a basketball if not large within the span of a year. They get REALLY big REALLY fast. I must say though, probably one of my favorite animals I've ever kept.

Wow really? It says on the site where I did research it that they only get to 6'' max size. that is fine if he gets larger. He is in a 'predator' tank with no corals or other inverts. So he can grow as large as he wants, I am just amazed he gets that big ;)

I love how he wraps his arms around the food. The store I bought him from said to give him plankton, but he seemed to really like the 1cm cubes of cut up cocktail shrimp. Wrappin' his 'arms' around it was cool to watch.

psh, here's some old pics of mine:

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

No way... regular bubbles... :drool: like the ones I have... regardless of their lack of bubbliness.

Actually, come to think of it, healthy and full grown Heteractis aurora are probably the most beautiful anemone species in my opinion.

They all totally kick ass really.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back