Concerned About My Guppy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

smudge_

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all;

Just noticed my pregnant female guppy this morning looking incredibly off colour; in addition to this she has a very visible red blotch towards her anal fin; it is also quite large. Furthermore her belly seems quite square and is now very large.

I should also add that there is a red mark on her head, like right in between the eyes; it almost looks like a gash or grazing of some kind.

Seeing as I suspect that she is is due to give birth soon I have put her in my breeding net in the meantime.

Any ideas folks is this normal for a pregnant guppy (besides the injury) ? I am a bit concerned about the red area around her anal fin.

to be honest the mark on her head is probably a scrape from a rock or something, its a very peaceful tank, platys guppys and a few tetras. The other red area that is concerning me, I think is to do with the pregnancy. I hope it id normal.

she is still in rather bad condition and is very stressed. How long can you keep a fish in one of those nets? its reasonably big for a breeding net.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back