Complete Beginner in a Fishy World

I completely forgot to mention that I picked up my quarantine tank yesterday. It is the Superfish Start 25 litre aquarium. There's not much to show. It has the same substrate as the main tank plus a few plants and floating plants. The medication is on order, so thanks for the recommendation @Slaphppy7 and @Essjay

Day 5 Update

I've noticed some nice plant growth already in the last 5 days, which is encouraging. I'm going to buy some other fast growing plants tomorrow and then once the tank is cycled, remove them bit by bit into my quarantine tank.

27:03:2021.jpg

Stocking wise, I'm definitely set on Peacock Gobys. I'll be buying 2 males and 5 females. I have ordered 2 more custom caves for the Peacocks (on top of my two current caves). The new caves will be 3 inches long x 1 inch wide x 1 inch height.

I'm 99% set on Celestial Pearl Danios. They match the water requirements of the Peacocks, as well as preferring a heavily planted set up and gentle filtration. I'm planning on buying 20 of them, hopefully with that amount they'll feel more relaxed and show natural behaviours.

That's where I'm up to so far.

Day 5 Update

I've noticed some nice plant growth already in the last 5 days, which is encouraging. I'm going to buy some other fast growing plants tomorrow and then once the tank is cycled, remove them bit by bit into my quarantine tank.

View attachment 132772

Stocking wise, I'm definitely set on Peacock Gobys. I'll be buying 2 males and 5 females. I have ordered 2 more custom caves for the Peacocks (on top of my two current caves). The new caves will be 3 inches long x 1 inch wide x 1 inch height.

I'm 99% set on Celestial Pearl Danios. They match the water requirements of the Peacocks, as well as preferring a heavily planted set up and gentle filtration. I'm planning on buying 20 of them, hopefully with that amount they'll feel more relaxed and show natural behaviours.

Looking good that mate.
It's going to be a beauty when it's established.

Keep the pics coming

No time like the present ?

Glad to hear it mate. Looking forward to watching your progress.
Cause I'm not using real plants from the off don't really have much to show at the moment.
Tanks set, ready for inmates lol.

Definitely takes pics as it comes together with fish and gradually add real plants.

Cause I'm not using real plants from the off don't really have much to show at the moment.
Tanks set, ready for inmates lol.

Definitely takes pics as it comes together with fish and gradually add real plants.
Ah yeh, I get you.

Looking forward to it bud! I’m off to Shirley Aquatics tomorrow. Apparently it’s the largest aquatic store in the UK!

Day 5 Update

View attachment 132772

It's looking great :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back