Compatability

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tropicaldream

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone point me to a site where I can find out what fish are compatible with others.

Also I have a 4' x 15" x 12" tank how many fish can be kept in it, it has been running for about 8 weeks now with no fish in and all is ok.

Thanks

Donna

I couldnt tell you any site where they do direct compatability. Our fish index certainly dosent.
The old rule of thumb, is one inch of fish per gallon. But it's not excact anyway, it changes for fish of diffrent sizes.
Heres a handy calculator for you Click here This will help for everything else.

The best then to do would be to tell us what fish you'd like to have and we'll help. :blink:
Could you tell us what filter you use and also handy are the pH, GH and KH. This will help identify fish for your conditions :thumbs:

Hi there Donna,

Have you been adding anything to your tank to start your cycle to create a biological filter?

i.e. ammonia, fish food?

If it sounds like I'm speaking double dutch check out:

Nitrogen cycle

In terms of fish - your best bet is probably to go and look at some and then get back to us about the ones you like. I'm not sure that there is a site with a comprehensive compatibility guide (Davy? ;) ). The pH of your tap water will affect the type of fish that you'll find easiest to keep too!

T

Davy - Ph is 7.5 , GH & KH ?? I use an undergravel filter.

Tatya - I have been adding fish food to create a biological filter.

Most reactions

trending

Back