Community

Max A

Reaction score
Ive got two separate Siamese fighters and have done for a year or so. Iā€™ve been looking into getting a bigger tank and getting more into the hobby. So, in general Iā€™m looking to be listed a few fish that may get by in a 25Litre. or option 2 a 50+ litre and wondering if I could keep a nice selection in such a tank. ? Please donā€™t judge Iā€™m fairly new. If anyone has any ideas for a nice little group of fish for a 50litre. This would be in June something. If I had a community Iā€™d know itā€™s a necessity to have a big tank. 50litre planted freshwater tank?
- edit- so Iā€™ve done my research into filtration and water care before as Iā€™ve been caring for fighters for a while and have been thinking about water hardness allot recently. I would have a water softener pillow in my filter and I do have one in both of my fighters tanks. And Iā€™d course have my tank running at least two weeks (probably more) before putting any fish in. Iā€™ve attached images as to water hardness as itā€™s something Iā€™m researching and learning about at the moment but pretty sure my waters quite hard.
Thank you experts!

Attachments

• C3CC0816-1576-48C6-87DF-48EEDB3B734A.jpeg
    C3CC0816-1576-48C6-87DF-48EEDB3B734A.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Do you mean a 25 litre tank or a 25 gallon long tank?

A 25 litre tank is too small for a community but a 25 gallon long tank could have a nice community of smallish fish.

But we need to know which sized tank you have and also the hardness of your tap water before we can suggest suitable fish. You should be able to find the hardness on your water provider's website.

Do you mean a 25 litre tank or a 25 gallon long tank?

A 25 litre tank is too small for a community but a 25 gallon long tank could have a nice community of smallish fish.

But we need to know which sized tank you have and also the hardness of your tap water before we can suggest suitable fish. You should be able to find the hardness on your water provider's website.
Updated. Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m so clueless but Iā€™m a year or two into the art.

Updated. Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m so clueless but Iā€™m a year or two into the art.
Iā€™ll not have a community tank Iā€™m going to think about a small group I can have sorry for the trouble.

Unfortunately 25 litres is too small for a community. Almost all very small fish need to be in a group of at least 10 of the same kind, and that many fish need a bigger tank.
Can you squeeze in a tank that is at least 60 cm (24 inches) long? That would enable you to have a community of small fish.

Looking at the image of your water company's page, did it have any numbers anywhere? NaN doesn't tell us anything about the hardness.

25 litre tank are suitable for bettas though, that's the size mine is in.

Unfortunately 25 litres is too small for a community. Almost all very small fish need to be in a group of at least 10 of the same kind, and that many fish need a bigger tank.
Can you squeeze in a tank that is at least 60 cm (24 inches) long? That would enable you to have a community of small fish.

Looking at the image of your water company's page, did it have any numbers anywhere? NaN doesn't tell us anything about the hardness.

25 litre tank are suitable for bettas though, that's the size mine is in.
Yes I keep my Bettas in 20Ls thanks for the help Iā€™m going to keep it small scale for now thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back