Community Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bexyjane

Reaction score
Would anybody be able to give me good idea of what fish to keep in 96 litre community tank?
I need a list, finding it really hard to decide on my own and i know ill get it wrong and they'll all end up eating each other!
Thanks
Sorry to be useless
Bex

There are soo many suggesions that people could give, it's ridiculous. Better to look around for one certain fish that you really like, then build your tank around that one fish. Have fish that have similar diets, aggression, and can peacefully inhabit a tank with your fish of choice. Once you find that one fish, then it will narrow things down quite a bit, and I'm sure people will be more capable of helping you decide. :)

also if you could post the size of your tank in gallons it might motivate some of the mathematically challenged american members to post in your thread. I'd recommend a few largish centerpiece fish that inhabit the middle level and the top. you build the tank around these fish Then I'd add a school of top level schooling fish. Then to round out the tank I'd get a school of cories/khulies or a couple small breed pleco's (not common plecos). Not sure about size constraints cause I'm too lazy to look up my converter. What I'm trying to say is that you need to keep the tank balanced. Don't put too many fish in one level of the tank. The general rule is 1" of adult fish per gallon when talkin about 3" slim bodied fish. but if you buy 26 1 inch bottom dwellers for a 26 gallon tank your tank will not be happy your fish will be very crowded. But if you bought 9 1" bottom dwellers 10 1" mid swimmers and 10 1" top swimmers your tank will technically be overstocked but I would feel comfortable with it as long as you keep up with weekly 20% water changes because the tank will be fairly well balanced.

Just for those too lazy, 1 gallon US = 4 liters (approximately) so 96÷4=24 gallons (actually, 25 US, 21.3 UK). Or just here.

:blush: :good: well not really any need for a calculator with that. I feel stupid now. thanks for the conversion

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back