Zoeeannee

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone ?

So I currently have a 300L / 65 gallon planted aquarium with the following:
- 12 cardinal tetras
- 3 honey gourami and 3 blue dotted gourami
- 4 salt and pepper Pygmy corydoras
- 1 Pygmy corydora (who I think got in the bag at the shop without anyone realising until he was in my tank)
- 5 glow light tetra
- 5 male guppies
I am planning on getting more Pygmy and Pygmy salt and pepper corydoras +5 Pygmy +2 salt and pepper, however I am looking for suggestions of further fish that would be good additions (ideally show piece / stand out fish)

I am an experienced keeper however only with smaller tanks and have never done one this big. I was thinking angelfish but I know they can be temperamental and eat smaller fish - would they eat Pygmy corydoras when fully grown?

Any suggestions would be amazing. Thanks ?

how long has the tank been set up? the guppies may not be suitable for a low ph and hardness environment, and tetras may not be suitable for a hard water tank!.
we need to know ph, gh!

welome

Iā€™m guessing 300l is 4ft in length? Iā€™d personally look for a mid swim or maybe a bottom dweller maybe a blue or green phantom pleco ? Or if your looking for a bit more character maybe a triangle cichlid , I want one myself lol

Could a cichlid be aggressive though? A pleco might be a good option although they grow really big so might eat my smaller fish when grown. That being said, it would need to be a mid or bottom dweller, yes. Thanks for your suggestion :)

Could a cichlid be aggressive though? A pleco might be a good option although they grow really big so might eat my smaller fish when grown. That being said, it would need to be a mid or bottom dweller, yes. Thanks for your suggestion :)
A pleco wonā€™t eat a live fish regardless of its size , maybe exceptions if a tint fish was on its food lol a single cichlid in your tank stocking wouldnā€™t need to display any aggression but it is on the fish itself could end up with a turd fish lol blue and green phantom plecos grow around 10inchh max I think so would be a good big fish for your tank I think , keep us posted on what you do

Iā€™m going to the shop tomorrow so will let you guys know what I end up choosing. Iā€™m going to get 6 more cardinals to make a larger shoal of 18 and more Pygmy corydoras, just not sure what the ā€œmainā€ larger fish will be

More cardinals, more glowlights, more corys.
I have around 45 cardinals in a 180l and 30ish corys. It doesn't need a "main large fish". I also have a bristlenose in there who is maxed out at around 7". He is 17 years old so I am not expecting him to grow any more ;). Also some Otos who are rarely seen and a few pencilfish.

Yeah well thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking. Maybe I donā€™t need a ā€œstatementā€ fish and I should just grow my tetra shoals and gourami group and once my plants have fully taken to the substrate and grown then it will look amazing.

Thatā€™s insane that you have 45 cardinals in a 180! I have a 300L with 12 and I want more so I might get more that 8 extra tomorrow so maybe 12 to make it a shoal of 24.

I went for more cardinals and dwarf gouramis in the end
29E770F3-1537-411D-9607-9A01D3E6002C.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back