Zoeeannee

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone ?

So I currently have a 300L / 65 gallon planted aquarium with the following:
- 12 cardinal tetras
- 3 honey gourami and 3 blue dotted gourami
- 4 salt and pepper Pygmy corydoras
- 1 Pygmy corydora (who I think got in the bag at the shop without anyone realising until he was in my tank)
- 5 glow light tetra
- 5 male guppies
I am planning on getting more Pygmy and Pygmy salt and pepper corydoras +5 Pygmy +2 salt and pepper, however I am looking for suggestions of further fish that would be good additions (ideally show piece / stand out fish)

I am an experienced keeper however only with smaller tanks and have never done one this big. I was thinking angelfish but I know they can be temperamental and eat smaller fish - would they eat Pygmy corydoras when fully grown?

Any suggestions would be amazing. Thanks ?

how long has the tank been set up? the guppies may not be suitable for a low ph and hardness environment, and tetras may not be suitable for a hard water tank!.
we need to know ph, gh!

welome

I’m guessing 300l is 4ft in length? I’d personally look for a mid swim or maybe a bottom dweller maybe a blue or green phantom pleco ? Or if your looking for a bit more character maybe a triangle cichlid , I want one myself lol

Could a cichlid be aggressive though? A pleco might be a good option although they grow really big so might eat my smaller fish when grown. That being said, it would need to be a mid or bottom dweller, yes. Thanks for your suggestion :)

Could a cichlid be aggressive though? A pleco might be a good option although they grow really big so might eat my smaller fish when grown. That being said, it would need to be a mid or bottom dweller, yes. Thanks for your suggestion :)
A pleco won’t eat a live fish regardless of its size , maybe exceptions if a tint fish was on its food lol a single cichlid in your tank stocking wouldn’t need to display any aggression but it is on the fish itself could end up with a turd fish lol blue and green phantom plecos grow around 10inchh max I think so would be a good big fish for your tank I think , keep us posted on what you do

I’m going to the shop tomorrow so will let you guys know what I end up choosing. I’m going to get 6 more cardinals to make a larger shoal of 18 and more Pygmy corydoras, just not sure what the “main” larger fish will be

More cardinals, more glowlights, more corys.
I have around 45 cardinals in a 180l and 30ish corys. It doesn't need a "main large fish". I also have a bristlenose in there who is maxed out at around 7". He is 17 years old so I am not expecting him to grow any more ;). Also some Otos who are rarely seen and a few pencilfish.

Yeah well that’s what I’m thinking. Maybe I don’t need a “statement” fish and I should just grow my tetra shoals and gourami group and once my plants have fully taken to the substrate and grown then it will look amazing.

That’s insane that you have 45 cardinals in a 180! I have a 300L with 12 and I want more so I might get more that 8 extra tomorrow so maybe 12 to make it a shoal of 24.

I went for more cardinals and dwarf gouramis in the end
29E770F3-1537-411D-9607-9A01D3E6002C.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back