Common Pc Problems, And Their Solutions.

Tech-Frog

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
  • Website X doesn't display correctly!
  • Try clearing your web-browsers cache, to do this in Internet Explorer, click here for a detailed explanation of how and why.
  • The magical cure to 99% of computer problems!
  • 1. Turn off your computer.
  • 2. Unplug the power from the socket.
  • 3. Hold the ON button of your computer for at least 20 seconds.
  • 4. Plug the computer back in.
  • 5. Turn the computer back on.
  • 6. Check to see if the problem has been solved, magic!
  • 7. If the problem hasn't been solved, reply to this thread and I'll help you find a solution.

This is a constantly expanding post and any future solved issues will be added onto it.

Fantastic :good:

My Dell laptop has started being very noisy - I had assumed it was the fans but just want to check :crazy: is there something I should be doing, checking?

Seffie x

Fantastic :good:

My Dell laptop has started being very noisy - I had assumed it was the fans but just want to check :crazy: is there something I should be doing, checking?

Seffie x
What kind of noise? Whirr, beep, click, buzz? If it seems like its coming from the fans, you could give them a good blow either manually (not recommended) or with a can of compressed air.

ok i got a new camera for my birthday which came with a SanDisk Ultra 4GB memory card i took a load of pictures and when i went to upload them onto the mac it wouldn't. So i got my old memory card put it in my new camera which is a Fujifilm finepix jx took a snap put the old memory card in the mac and it registered the card and i found the photo. so then i took my old camera put my new memory card in it took a photo and still the mac would not register the memory card. I took the memory card on my old dell and it also could not find the card soooo whats going on

Yes a whiring type of noise

Seffie x

Flip your laptop upside-down and unscrew the back off it. Then, take a dry towel and clean around it, and if you can, take a compressed air can and clean out all the parts you can reach. That should fix it.

Seffie x
Describe it as much as possible, high pitched, whiney ect. if possible record it.

ok i got a new camera for my birthday which came with a SanDisk Ultra 4GB memory card i took a load of pictures and when i went to upload them onto the mac it wouldn't. So i got my old memory card put it in my new camera which is a Fujifilm finepix jx took a snap put the old memory card in the mac and it registered the card and i found the photo. so then i took my old camera put my new memory card in it took a photo and still the mac would not register the memory card. I took the memory card on my old dell and it also could not find the card soooo whats going on
The card is probably a dud and there won't be much you can do about it.

• Website X doesn't display correctly!
  • Try clearing your web-browsers cache, to do this in Internet Explorer, click here for a detailed explanation of how and why.
  • The magical cure to 99% of computer problems!
  • 1. Turn off your computer.
  • 2. Unplug the power from the socket.
  • 3. Hold the ON button of your computer for at least 20 seconds.
  • 4. Plug the computer back in.
  • 5. Turn the computer back on.
  • 6. Check to see if the problem has been solved, magic!
  • 7. If the problem hasn't been solved, reply to this thread and I'll help you find a solution.

This is a constantly expanding post and any future solved issues will be added onto it.

Nice post;
won't quite fix 99% of problems maybe nearer 1% in reality but still something basic that most users can try themselves.
Most websites won't display correctly over the last couple of years due to the amount of plugins required on alot of websites. Clearing the cache will help (not always fix) if the website has been previously accessed and is no longer working.

As for Liam50's issue if the camera is reading the card fine it'll probs be due to the formatting on the card due to the size being 4gb.

Seffie x
Describe it as much as possible, high pitched, whiney ect. if possible record it.

The card is probably a dud and there won't be much you can do about it.
Ignore the above

What format is the card under fat 32. ntfs or HFS+? Also check what format you old car is. Can you view the pictures off your new card on the camera if so the card is deffinatly not a "dud" im guessing the card is sd? if it is sdhc then some readers can not read them.

Both her Mac and PC did not recognised the SD card. It's broken. Simple as. Take it back. On the off chance it isn't broken it's just a unusual format that doesn't work with your computers.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back