mrstwalker

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
SUPER excited! My husband and I just set up a 20 gallon tank for some juvenile Comet goldfish & Shubunkin Koi (once they are larger we will move them to our pond) This is our fish experience with Koi, and we have little experience with fancy goldfish. We already love them so much! They are all so funny to watch! I have already done lots of research. I believe I know how to give them optimal care, however I would like some advice on:

• How to feed them peas/broccoli/spinach ect. 
  • What brands of food are best for sinking pellets 
  • If any, how many air stones for a 20 gal. tank 
  • How to tell the gender
  • Can you use aquarium salts for treatment like you can for other tropical fish?

ALSO: It has been a LONG while since I have kept fish, what are some signs of swim bladder, and how is it treated? Thanks!

*please no bashing*

Okay time for pics! 

unnamed (7).jpg The design unnamed (8).jpg With water/lights unnamed (6).jpg You can see one comet in the front, behind him is a shubunkin, behind the shubunkin is another comet and next to the comet is another shubunkin (from left to right) 

Sorry the pic of the fish arent so good, I will post more later!!  (3 shubunkin & 2 comet)

wow! well for my sinking pellets for my cories i use the ones from walmart that come in an orange can, it says shrimp pellets, but i think that these are not the same kind koi would need... i cant help you much but i thought that i would say it is a very beautiful way to display koi and a wonderful tank

rikkitiger said:
wow! well for my sinking pellets for my cories i use the ones from walmart that come in an orange can, it says shrimp pellets, but i think that these are not the same kind koi would need... i cant help you much but i thought that i would say it is a very beautiful way to display koi and a wonderful tank
 Thank you! We have gotten into a routine of feeding them flakes (they sink if you release the flakes in the water) and boiled egg whites which also sink and they love it :) i am more familiar with platies but our koi and goldies are wonderful!

I have platies myself and absolutely love them. Good luck! Koi sound sooo fun

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back