Come follow my experience with COVID

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
I hope the morning there is as beautiful as the one here. You'll be out there enjoying these days soon enough. Just keep wearing that virus down, and blocking its plan to go on and put someone else through this. Hang in there.

As for all the whiskey based treatments we're offering this teenager, I think that has to wait. Then the experience of the morning after the cure awaits. Chicken soup. Hate the stuff. Lots of fluids, and foods you like. And honey for the throat.

If you can't sleep, there must be really dull podcasts you can find. I could suggest a few but that would walk the line on political!

I hope you feel better @I Like Rare Fish ! I just tested positive yesterday unfortunately :(. I think Iā€™ve got one of the variants that comes with a sore throat, as mine feels dry and scratchy. I also have really bad muscle aches, but so far no trouble breathing, and only the occasional dry cough. Iā€™m going to get some IV fluids/vitamins here in an hour or so. Not sure where I would have caught mine, I havenā€™t been around a lot of people recently.

Talked a doctor and she said the first 2-4 days are the worst. Now I can get out of bed and Iā€™m perky enough to move around. I can talk without getting into a coughing fit. She said that it might take up to 2 weeks to feel 100%. Unfortunately, my school year ends next week. I also havenā€™t done any work from Monday-now, plus I have assignments ā€˜missingā€™ from when I went to DC. O top of this my science final is due tomorrow. Life is a b!$&#.

The school I taught in would have given you a chance to make things up for a reason like that.

I'm glad you're feeling better. I figure I'm overdue to get the thing, and I'm glad it'll be the current variants and not the ones a year or more ago. The consensus is about half of Canadians have had it now, and I'm in the other half.

I believe you should celebrate by getting yourself something you like, maybe a rare fish?

Tested negative today, then tested positive with a more sensitive test. However, the positive line was very very faint, which I hope means I am improving. I can now move around and feel normal except for the runny nose and the occasional coughing fit. And guess what! The coughs donā€™t hurt anymore!

Tested negative today, then tested positive with a more sensitive test. However, the positive line was very very faint, which I hope means I am improving. I can now move around and feel normal except for the runny nose and the occasional coughing fit. And guess what! The coughs donā€™t hurt anymore!
Yay! Youre getting better! Glad to hear it. I would still QT for an extra 1-2 days just to be sure but that's just me.

Negative! Yesterday I was positive. I am feeling worse, however. I feel physically tired. I canā€™t bare myself to walk around the house. I feel mentally tired as well. Common affects. Normally last a few weeks or so.

The mental effects are to do with inflammation in the brain. It can take a month or so to clear up. If it takes longer than that you have long covid.

Just keep resting when you feel tired, eat well when you can, and drink plenty of fluids. If you feel well enough, try to do some exercise but don't push it. Just let your body recover in its own time. :)

The latest variants ripped through my family in the past few weeks. Some people got a rough version that knocked them out for a week or more - others got really mild, sore throat versions. The randomness of evolution is on our side at this point, with the way the virus is mutating. It's not like that initial version.

It doesn't last, and you'll be fine. You're being responsible by quarantining, even if it's hard with COVID on your birthday. It's the mature thing to do. Don't listen to the silly stuff. A lot of people just want to wish it away. I'll bet you do too, but you'll overcome it instead. Take care.
Do you people not realize that covid is patented? That it is man-made and is meant to kill off millions of humans? Do your research about YOUR health too.

Do you people not realize that covid is patented? That it is man-made and is meant to kill off millions of humans? Do your research about YOUR health too.
Just an idea, but watch what you say. Your tone is harsh and political. From my research COVID is most definitely not patented. COVID was filed for a patent in Englandā€¦in 2015ā€¦for a coronavirus that causes avian bronchitis, not SARS-COVID-19. Since the public can see all patents, can you show me which patent you are talking about? In case you donā€™t know the website itā€™s patents.google.com .

The new variant ripped through my family as well, and my doctor is starting to not recommend giving the new covid vaccine to adolescent boys because there is a small chance that you could develop some problems with your heart, which go away eventually, but imo is not worth the trade off.

@I Like Rare Fish Umm, shhh. Now that I know you're one of the hundreds of millions of us in on that conspiracy, don't spill the beans. We've managed not to say a word in public, even if there are untold numbers of us. Why, there are so many of us that if we all ran to one side of the world, it would flip over.
Shh about that one too.
We have so many secrets to keep, it's a good thing they put high capacity chips in us so we can remember them all. Remember, they aren't available to the general public. These are special chips not even sold on late night TV.
They are terrific microchips.
Just please, never let on that it's not just birds that are fake, and all fish are really sonar trackers. We're doing our job getting people to install tanks so we can control them. I can barely keep up with the secret code words we post here. I have to do my own research every day or I fall behind.
Community tank, my friend. Community tank.

@I Like Rare Fish Umm, shhh. Now that I know you're one of the hundreds of millions of us in on that conspiracy, don't spill the beans. We've managed not to say a word in public, even if there are untold numbers of us. Why, there are so many of us that if we all ran to one side of the world, it would flip over.
Shh about that one too.
We have so many secrets to keep, it's a good thing they put high capacity chips in us so we can remember them all. Remember, they aren't available to the general public. These are special chips not even sold on late night TV.
They are terrific microchips.
Just please, never let on that it's not just birds that are fake, and all fish are really sonar trackers. We're doing our job getting people to install tanks so we can control them. I can barely keep up with the secret code words we post here. I have to do my own research every day or I fall behind.
Community tank, my friend. Community tank.
The world is a scary place my friend, scary.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back