Columbian Sharks Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

joselito.rd

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have an aquarium for a few years now with African cichlids and 4 Columbian sharks, As a beginner I didn't know that this catfish where brackish fish. So far the sharks have grown a lot but also have the cichlids and these are now attacking the sharks, because sharks are so big not petshop wants them, so I dont now what to do with them. Anyone knows if I can put them on a river near the sea? I really dont want to see them die in my tank because of my mistake, Thanks in advance for any useful advise.

You should never release aquarium fish into the environment.  They could introduce disease (tropical fish have pathogens that temperate fish do not, and the pathogen might be uncontrollable in the environment), or otherwise harm the native species.  In many states it is illegal anyway.  And depending where you live, the released fish might suffer and die anyway.

I would suggest you try every store and any fish clubs around you including those in neighbouring cities.  The stores may klnow of clubs or societies, or individuals.  Check online for aquarium groups near you.

This is a very good reason why it is so important to always research fish before acquiring them.  It is a lesson often learned the hard way.

Byron.

Theres a lot of facebook groups for aquarium and fish owners, you can tree posting the fish there as free to a good home, or on craigslist even.

thanks for the advice both of you guys, I'll try craigslist. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back