Colors or guppy babies

Lemon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I got three guppies(I know I should have more but I was making sure my betta was ok with them) a male and two females. I noticed that the females have a almost discolored section along your abdomen. I wanted to know if it was just a light shining through them and showing eggs/babies or if it was just their coloration. Really hard to get photos they are so fast
EC9E63C6-A2A2-46F6-956A-5A470DC21029.jpeg
image.jpg

I don't know why you made several threads asking about keeping fish with a betta, only to ignore all advice and do it anyway...

Why do you think you should have more than three? They're not a schooling fish like tetra. Where did you get that incorrect info from?

With a trio, fry will inevitably happen, if the betta doesn't kill the females before they have fry. Then the fry will likely be eaten by the adult guppies and betta. If they aren't eaten, then the tank will rapidly become overstocked with guppies. Are you okay with that? Or will you want a breeder box/nursery tank to raise the fry?

It's not a good idea to keep guppies with a betta. Not good for either species. Bettas are a SOLITARY and TERRITORIAL fish, and now yours has to share it's territory with three random fish that it can't drive away, and the guppies are sharing space with a predatory fish that is capable of killing them, increasing stress for all of the fish.

So bettas with other fish = not good. Trying to keep a betta with a guppy breeding set up = even worse.

I don't know why you made several threads asking about keeping fish with a betta, only to ignore all advice and do it anyway...

Why do you think you should have more than three? They're not a schooling fish like tetra. Where did you get that incorrect info from?

With a trio, fry will inevitably happen, if the betta doesn't kill the females before they have fry. Then the fry will likely be eaten by the adult guppies and betta. If they aren't eaten, then the tank will rapidly become overstocked with guppies. Are you okay with that? Or will you want a breeder box/nursery tank to raise the fry?

It's not a good idea to keep guppies with a betta. Not good for either species. Bettas are a SOLITARY and TERRITORIAL fish, and now yours has to share it's territory with three random fish that it can't drive away, and the guppies are sharing space with a predatory fish that is capable of killing them, increasing stress for all of the fish.

So bettas with other fish = not good. Trying to keep a betta with a guppy breeding set up = even worse.
Iā€™m not /trying/ to breed them but if fry do happen then I do have a tank for the fry and any extra will be fish food. Sounds cruel but itā€™s my tank sooooo. I also donā€™t see how you response is in response to my question .-. I made a choice and Iā€™m gonna live with it. I am watching my betta and guppies and none of them are being aggressive, if they do start I will deal with it. People also say not to have neon tetra with a betta because of aggressiveness and fin nipping. I had a betta with five tetra and they never caught never nipped nothin. know that betta are naturally solitary in the wild but I also know this is my tank my choice I hate to sound rude at all but Iā€™m 14 let me enjoy my fish :) please and thank you šŸ™šŸ»

Iā€™m not /trying/ to breed them but if fry do happen then I do have a tank for the fry and any extra will be fish food. Sounds cruel but itā€™s my tank sooooo. I also donā€™t see how you response is in response to my question .-. I made a choice and Iā€™m gonna live with it. I am watching my betta and guppies and none of them are being aggressive, if they do start I will deal with it. People also say not to have neon tetra with a betta because of aggressiveness and fin nipping. I had a betta with five tetra and they never caught never nipped nothin. know that betta are naturally solitary in the wild but I also know this is my tank my choice I hate to sound rude at all but Iā€™m 14 let me enjoy my fish :) please and thank you šŸ™šŸ»

Of course it's your tank and you can do what you want. But that doesn't make what you want okay. Don't expect others to applaud you for making decisions about your tank based on what YOU want, even if it comes at the welfare of the fish.

The fish have no choice in what we force on them. Yes, you're 14 -which is old enough to research what pets you want and what their care needs are. I'm not preventing you from doing what you want, but I'm not going to sit back and say that this is fine and good for the fish. Don't expect everyone to agree with you when you make bad decisions.

People also say not to have neon tetra with a betta because of aggressiveness and fin nipping. I had a betta with five tetra and they never caught never nipped nothin.

And how long did those fish live?

Of course it's your tank and you can do what you want. But that doesn't make what you want okay. Don't expect others to applaud you for making decisions about your tank based on what YOU want, even if it comes at the welfare of the fish.

The fish have no choice in what we force on them. Yes, you're 14 -which is old enough to research what pets you want and what their care needs are. I'm not preventing you from doing what you want, but I'm not going to sit back and say that this is fine and good for the fish. Don't expect everyone to agree with you when you make bad decisions.
Never said I wanted applause and never said anyone should agree with me.
And how long did those fish live?
7 years for the betta and 8 for the tetra

Never said I wanted applause and never said anyone should agree with me.

Yes, you did.

I also know this is my tank my choice I hate to sound rude at all but Iā€™m 14 let me enjoy my fish :) please and thank you šŸ™šŸ»
You made several threads asking for advice, ignored all of it, then make another thread showing you got the guppies anyway "because who doesn't like free stuff" I think you said, and this is a public forum about fish keeping. Yes, people are going to respond with their opinions and it's not up to you to control their speech.
7 years for the betta and 8 for the tetra
So you had that tank since you were six years old huh....

Yes, you did.

You made several threads asking for advice, ignored all of it, then make another thread showing you got the guppies anyway "because who doesn't like free stuff" I think you said, and this is a public forum about fish keeping. Yes, people are going to respond with their opinions and it's not up to you to control their speech.

So you had that tank since you were six years old huh....
Ok? I didnā€™t ask for your approval or anyones for that matter. And yes I asked for advice and I took it into consideration before a made a decision and decided to take the risk. I understand and appreciate your concerns about my fish, and I know people have opinions and Iā€™m saying I have mine. I donā€™t want to have a argument or disagreement because I respect you and your points and understand where your coming from so unless you want to continue or have any other concerns Iā€™m going to drop it here and wait for help with the question I need an answer to. Thank you for caring about my fishā€™s well-being and taking the time to worry about what I am doing with them. :)

If the question would be: Can I keep a betta with guppies or neon tetras in one tank? The answer would be "yes"! But if you'd ask if that would be a wise combination? The answer would be "no"! And that's because of more reasons than just one.

@Lemon, the members overhere mean well. And in one of your replies you do mention to respect AdoraBelle Dearheart's concern and vision. But it's more the intonation of your reply that bothers others. And of course, it is your tank and you decide what to put in there. Nobody can argue that and forbid you from doing that. But when you put out a question out here, you can get responses that might go along with your vision but also opposite responses. And also the posts that cover up the same issue, creates doubts to others. The way you respond, does show your young age. The fact that you're so young doesn't imply something wrong to be clear. We even encourage young people to join. It's just that we try to help in a way that will lead you to become a responsible and serious aquarist. Nothing more, nothing les...

But I do agree with Colin over here... If the arguing goes on, we will close this thread. The mod has spoken... ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back