Colorful Fish Or Pet Fish? Which Would You Rather Have?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Which fish?

• I'd rather have a pretty,vibrantly colored fish

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • I'd rather have a fish I can interact with

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

CoryFever

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As the title says, which would you rather have? A colorful, but pretty boring fish (Tetras, guppies, platies, etc.) or a fish that may grow HUGE but acts like a puppy? (Goldfish, koi, Jack Dempsey, Oscar, etc.) I personally like the puppy like fish as they give me something else to do other than feedings, cleanings and water changes. I can interact with the fish, and he can respond. For me it's biased though, I have an Oscar, a severum, and I'm planning on getting and EBJD or arowana. Probably the former :D

My favorite fish are Bettas, and Plecos, so not always huge in size but huge in personality! :D
I've honestly gotten bored with my Tetras, though they can be cool to watch school mine normally don't.  

I can't vote, I like both types equally!

I love my oscar; he lives in the living room and gets all the attention (which he loves!). In my bedroom, I have false neons and hatchets and they're beautiful and relaxing.

For a while I had the oscar in the bedroom, and it wasn't very nice; he kept spitting and splashing and making horrible faces at me; not very calming!

I have a Betta, Tetras, Gouramis, Danios and all of them are nice and offer their fair share of interactions.
Sometimes I'll play laser tag with my tetras, so funny to watch.

I had to vote for pretty fish....purely because my favourites are rainbowfish. They're incredibly pretty, but definitely not the smartest or most interactive fish.

i've had oscars and love their huge personality,but i now own group fish and i do love the way they all act to together so this is a difficult one for me,i can't really vote

need another option to vote for enjoying both :)

Technically I like both but going off what I own currently at this very moment in time - Interactive fish. Not that mine is hugely interactive, he's full of personality but not like an Oscar or anything like that. He's my BBG who I've had for over 18 months now.

I don't think tetras are boring at all. They always interact with me. :)

Personally, I like the colorful fish. I just enjoy watching them.

Peacock Gudgeons are a lot of fun to watch. Cories, while not being very colorful are great fun. 

The way I see it, even the fish is interactive and swims up to you, you still can't "play" with it or throw it a stick to catch like a puppy.

Just my two cents.

My favorite are my piranha.  They aren't very colorful and they don't like interaction. 

i have a tank full of female bettas, they are sort of colorful and very interactive :) best of both worlds.

nortonmad213 said:
i have a tank full of female bettas, they are sort of colorful and very interactive :) best of both worlds.
Totally with you on that one. I can't say that my girls are super pretty (they are from petco) but they are very playful :)

Yep, I can't vote either. I'm split between the two. I like both :)

starlitsunrise said:
I love seeing the little personalities fish have
smile.png
Who doesn't? :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back