Colliflower Bake

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Need some help.
In the canteen today had a gorgeous Colliflower and pepper bake. All the recipes have egg in it and i want ot make it for mum.

It had a lovely sauce and tasted lovely.

I think we need to know more about it...was it a cauliflower cheese sort of thing?

Boiled cauliflower in a cheese sauce?

I can tell you how to do that though I suspect this wasn't it???

Boil cauliflower, put it in an oven proof dish.

Cheese sauce is easy, melt a dessert spoon of butter, stir in a desert spoon of flour (will look like thick yellow paste) then add in some milk and start stiring, once you have blended it, you keep it on the heat and keep adding milk till it is the right thickness, STIR IT ALL THE TIME, make it a bit on the thick side really, then add strong grated cheese - this will thin it down a bit so watch that you don't over thin it at first.

Then put it over the cauliflower (macaroni, broccoli etc) and crumble a bit of bread on top to give it a topping and stick it in the oven on REALLY HOT for about 5-10 minutes.

I do this regularly and just put grilled bacon with it. Everyone eats it.

forgot about this,

But yeah thats what i want to make, Thaks for the recipe.

I think we need to know more about it...was it a cauliflower cheese sort of thing?

Boiled cauliflower in a cheese sauce?

I can tell you how to do that though I suspect this wasn't it???

Boil cauliflower, put it in an oven proof dish.

Cheese sauce is easy, melt a dessert spoon of butter, stir in a desert spoon of flour (will look like thick yellow paste) then add in some milk and start stiring, once you have blended it, you keep it on the heat and keep adding milk till it is the right thickness, STIR IT ALL THE TIME, make it a bit on the thick side really, then add strong grated cheese - this will thin it down a bit so watch that you don't over thin it at first.

Then put it over the cauliflower (macaroni, broccoli etc) and crumble a bit of bread on top to give it a topping and stick it in the oven on REALLY HOT for about 5-10 minutes.

I do this regularly and just put grilled bacon with it. Everyone eats it.

Just as an addition to the above recipe.

Add some mustard powder to the sauce to give that little bit of bite, just alittle though.
For the topping add some grated cheese abd parmesan cheese in with the bread crumbs. As the cheese melts the bread soaks up the juice and creates a nice crunchy topping.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back