Cold water fish with low thiaminase

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

I Like Rare Fish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi - I need a cold water fish that can survive San Diego winters (lower 50’s and occasionally lower 40’s), and summer (upper 90s and peaking at 100). They need to have low Thiaminase and breed quickly. Preferably active abs colorful. Need to fit in a small pond - 42g

Last edited:
I’m trying to find a fish that I can have that is colorful, but also breeds so that I can use some as dithers, and occasionally to feed my larger fish. I know it makes some of you sick, but please just don’t comment if you don’t like it, or if you do know a fish like that, please do comment but leave out the negativity towards my opinion.

I can't find much online about it but I think it is mostly carp like fish that were the issue in freshwater fish. Having said that, most fish contain it so there is a probability that fish have evolved a way to deal with it. And if you are only feeding them occasionally as part of a varied diet, it shouldn't make any difference.

About the only fish I can think of that tolerates the temperature range are White Cloud Mountain Minnows and Gambusia, but I have no idea on if they contain thiaminase.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back