Cold Cathode Moon Light

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Where I work I have a box of lost property. We have a box with all mobile phone chargers, at the moment we have about 20 or so phone chargers. I feel like taking some home :shifty: There is even some with 9v and 6v outputs hehe. Will take a few home and do them in a few weeks when I finally go home :(

i have a few questions fish wise,this wont disturb puffer sleep paterns, i plan on having it very low, im an electornics student and can set this up very easilly,any1 know how they work with puffers, any1?

cant see why puffers would be different from any other fish.... keep it low enough and you'll be fine ;)

The hardest part I found when I did mine was stripping the wire.

I use my teeth... :blush:

I've just fitted some "evening lights" to my Rio240 so will add some photos to the original post soon...
Same as the moon lights but with white cols cathodes ;)

Anyone know?? How do you know when its not keepin the fish up at nite?? They seem to slow but move all night long? I just dont want to be keeping my fish up

It's hard to say what is to bright. I have moonlights set at 12V and it was way too bright. Even 9V was too bright to me. I usually had it set at 6V and I would notice the clown knifefish would come out then and eat. Anything higher and he went swimming back into dark hiding spots. So if you have some fish that only come out at night see if the come out and eat and swim around, if not, it is probably too bright.

Hi, Im new to the forum so please be gentle.

I saw this thread and im considering wiring up some cold cathodes to my tank. I have a pair of the blue 12" cathodes in a kit but I also have a pair of UV cathodes, I was just wondering if there would be any problems to the fish in wiring up maybe one blue and one UV cathode.. also has anyone tried UV cathodes..

Cheers

Neil

Well I hooked up some blue cold cathodes over the weekend and it looks great :good: I set it on 6v as thats when the fishs seem happiest.

Sorry all - not been keeping an eye on this thread :)

UV is not a good idea - it kills living cells...

Blue at 6V should bean the fish will "sleep" fine :)

anyone got a link to the correct AC/DC adapter? im confused on which one to use.

usa please.

This is a brilliant topic! I'm gonna give this a go when i attempt to build my hood and stand :good: :nod:

one question though: why do the fish come out? can they not see blue light?

For anyone in the UK thats looking for an adapter look in poundstretchers/instore variable voltage (0/3/4.5/6/7.5/9/12) for £3.49 :good:

sadly im a manager in my local one :( but at least i get discount so its not all THAT bad! :lol: :lol:

sooo all in all it should cost around £6 - £7 for the whole set up :D :D can't complain with that!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back