Coffee Table Reef

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Couple of things I would be concened with is

Someone dropping, kicking, falling over the tank & smashing it

& also the fact that most animals do not like being towered over, you may find that when you stand over the tank your Fish will disapear into the Rock work, meaning that everytime you pass or go near the tank your fish will dart away, I think you can overcome the equipment, heat etc. problems but in the end I do think you fish will get stressed with being so low to the ground, (Possibly) in the middle of a room & having shadows pass them constantly

When this tank is eventually assembled it is going into my new fish room. It will be empty all day except for feeding and maintenance and I will only be in there in the evenings. There is no natural light in the room so I can fiddle with the lighting so the fish go to sleep at the same time as me :)

It is still on the to do list though. All the equipment will be housed in a sump a few feet away. As the water doesn't have to travel real distance uphill I don't forsee there being a problem.

I think the fish would get used to having people walking around the tank though. My fish don't hide when I walk near my tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back