Coffee Lover’s Corner Next to the Tea Room

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishHobby99

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
What’s your favorite? I grind beans every morning. From a Pennsylvania roaster, purchased in 5 pd bags when they have sales. The company tells me they stay fresh in the foil bags for 9 months, which probably means well over a year. Prior to finding this roaster, the after Christmas sale at Starbucks was a high point of the year. Bought & froze enough to last a year. I prefer a medium roast like Sumatra.

Attachments

• 303DC96E-1052-408E-9314-FA77D8BBDBEE.jpeg
    303DC96E-1052-408E-9314-FA77D8BBDBEE.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 27
I grind my beans...Dunkin coffee beans. I buy eight 1 pound bags at a time at the total sale price of $40. They last for maybe 8 to 10 weeks. On average, I drink 30 ounces of coffee per day...one 15 ounce cup in the morning and one cup midday. I add 1 teaspoon of sugar and some half and half to each 15 oz cup. i use a Melitta 4 cup drip coffee maker. Gotta have my Caffeine daily.
happy-businessman-holding-funny-huge-oversized-cup-of-black-cof-picture-id519282873

Can't be bothered with the whole bean grinding thing, I don't mind an instant coffee at all! Buy mine from Aldi, cheap as chips and much nicer than the expensive stuff you get 🤷‍♀️

Grinding beans = fresher. It's worth the extra effort in my opinion. The more caffeine the better.
996ad6e91efffb6e6323a2843f4bf7d8.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know any English people who grind coffee beans for a quick cuppa! Although we do have those little pod machines, Mr Barnicles is quite partial to one of those 'posh coffees'

I no longer drink coffee- Dr. orders- but when I did, I loved the chocolate flavored varieties. I also liked Jamaican blue mountain.

Grinding beans = fresher. It's worth the extra effort in my opinion. The more caffeine the better.
996ad6e91efffb6e6323a2843f4bf7d8.jpg
Love the aroma of freshly ground beans brewing. My grinder is like this one.

Attachments

• 8B24BB40-4EBE-45C8-8510-1A4A9DA7008D.jpeg
    8B24BB40-4EBE-45C8-8510-1A4A9DA7008D.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 30
I no longer drink coffee- Dr. orders- but when I did, I loved the chocolate flavored varieties. I also liked Jamaican blue mountain.
The decaffeinated beans taste just as good as the others. Jamaican is one of the best.

I don't know any English people who grind coffee beans for a quick cuppa! Although we do have those little pod machines, Mr Barnicles is quite partial to one of those 'posh coffees'
Hate them yuppie pods, but very popular here. People are getting lazier and lazier.

The pods dont allow you to control the strength of the coffee and don't allow you to brew a larger batch at once. And those pods are ridiculously high priced compared to drip brewing your own coffee. And the pod machines are very expensive.

Most reactions

trending

Back