Cobalt Egg Rocker With Macrostoma Eggs

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

majerah1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score

http://vid3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/majerah1/Mobile%20Uploads/VID_20141218_165202_337.mp4

Yesterday my macrostoma spawned. I have been wondering for some time if ole Grump was sterile as he always swallows by day two ( or three if you count spawn day as a day). So I purchased a egg rocker from Cobalt. I liked the design of it, having a more rounded bottom as opposed to the flat ones with netting that most have. During a wrap, I stole the clutch that fell yesterday. Then this morning due to how I know it will end, I picked Grump up and stripped him. 

So far the eggs look the same. No fungus so I hope that is a good sign. Will keep updates in this thread going. The video is from yesterday and the photo is from today.

These are nice fish, never even heard of them before your post. how does the rocker work?

If you look in the photo there is an acrylic tube coming down. This brings the water to move the eggs into the rocker via an airstone in the top. Neat idea and so far seems to be the most gentle way to incubate the eggs. So far I still have a good many that look just fine, though some had turned white on me. 

Most reactions

Back