Co2 Yeast Or Co2 Tablets ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
so i would need a co2 fire extinguisher and then a pressure defucer to make sure to much does not come out and then a timer ? Im guessing the co2 would come out by it self then ? I won't need to keep pressing it ?Bet it is hard to get rid of the bottles ?

Can you refill the bottles?

Nope i live in the middle of no were and around 30 miles from my local fish shop...

refill them at a retailer, I live in the middle of no where and I get mine done about 1/2 hour from where I live. Check out ebay for regs as they're cheap from Hong Kong.

If they last for 6 months to a year would that be worth the 30 mile drive?

Im guessing the yeast or tablet wouldn't do a good enough job for a 200 od L tank ?

I ran two yeast units on my 30 gallon which is smaller than the 200 so I figure that's not the best bet for you. It all depends on how many plants you have though and what kind too.

Im guessing i can buy one of them things that goes into the water to tell me if the co2 is to much or to little ? So then i can try the yeast and the tablets and see what it says ??

That's true, those are useful (even necessary) for whatever type you end up using.

I think ill buy one of them and then try the co2 tablets i have ( came with the tank ) and see if they can get my co2 up high enough for the thing to get a good reading and if that does not work ill turn to yest and then the fire extinguisher. Can i ask is it true that if you have air lines into your tank you will need more co2 ? Because i have a big pond internal filter in my tank which is perfect but i also have a air rock thing with 4 air line pipes coming from it but im getting 4 air line pipes making oxygen will make 1 pipe of co2 worthless ?

Since you have them it does make sense to give them a try. That doesn't cost you anything. Get a C02 test/reader for inside the tank so you know how well it functions and then decide where to go from there. At least that way you have evidence for your decision.

If you go co2 get rid of any air pumps, the plants produce the oxygen and the airline causes co2 to gas of making it useless, ending up in fluctuations and black algae outbreaks.

So i was right ? The more oxygen e.g from air pumps the more useless the co2 is ? Im having 100 plants delivered in the next few days so think the best way to keep them growing is co2 :) just hope they all fit in my tank
whistling.gif

Yes. C02 is a gas and as such the more surface agitation you have the better the gas exchange. When you are seeking to get oxygen in that's a great thing but when you are seeking to keep C02 IN that's a bad thing.

You'll be surprised when that 100 plants turns up if it's from eBay, if it's 100 pots you'll have loads but if it's 100 plants you'll find each stem will count as 1 so won't be huge amounts mate.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back