Co2 setup help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ComicClown87

Reaction score
Hi all wonder if you could help,
Iv just installed a jbl u502 co2 system to my tank yesterday but the drop checker test is staying blue. My pH is around 6-6.2 according to the API test
Have been running around 2 bps to see what happens.
The tank is sumped and have just added an air pump too.
Obviously indicating low co2 but why is it not raising?

IMG_20200802_181423.jpg

Here's the tank, as you can see it's pretty heavily planted so could do with the co2 being raised I think?

@Wills ? Could it be down to circulation?

Ok yeah maybe, Just this morning iv added a split to the return nozzel and powered up the return pump to 4000lph so the flow is pushing a bit more on both side of the tank now.
I also took the drop checker out and blew in it, it did turn green so that's fine I think.
Put it back in and raised the bubbles to about 4 per second.
I don't know but I feel I may be loosing a lot of co2 from surface area and running down to the sump?
I do have 3 or 4 wavemakers lying around but I think the may push a bit too much flow. I could add one though if you think it's needed?

Last edited:
What's your method of injection into the water column sorry? Is it inline as i can't see any diffuser in the pic?

It's the clear jbl tube that spirals the bubbles up.
The test has stayed a dark green so far as I upped the amount of co2 to something like 4-5 bubbles per second

Yeh if you've no livestock(?) then obviously this is currently the only source of co2, so makes sense to have it running around 4-5/s :good:

I'm new to Co2 too so cant profess to any expertise.

What sort of drop checker are you using? Did you use a pre-mixed solution or do it yourself? Can you move it around the tank to see if you get different readings? If you can move it and you do get different readings then it would be down to flow.

Wills :)

The is livestock in, 15 rasboras and a pair of kribs. Still cycling really.
The drop checker is a premixed jbl one, il move it near the diffuser and see what it says tomorrow. Cheers

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back