Co2 Regulators

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Git I wanted that! Looks like you have everything you need in that kit, think you got it for a good price too.

Cant comment on the soleoid never used one.

I ahve a solinoid on my kit and it works great with the computer. but i dont see a computer on his setup so the only way that it would work is if he has a timer and the timer is set to go on over a time period then off for a set time.

with a computer you set the ph level (High /low) then it turnes its self on and off

Git I wanted that! Looks like you have everything you need in that kit, think you got it for a good price too.

Cant comment on the soleoid never used one.

I figured there'd be somebody on this forum looking at it :hey:

Yeah I thought it was a good price too, considering the lot was cheaper than buying a new aquamedic regulator ..... I think everybody was celebrating after the England match and forgot to bid :yahoo:

I'll just be using the solenoid in conjunction with a timer .... but might investigate connecting up to a computer at some point in the future.

Mr G

Well.......personally i would definitely recommend a solenoid,

Just out of interest why do you turn the CO2 off? It is to increase the time a cylinder will last or for fish health reasons? Just curious, you may convert me ;) As I've said I've never had one, maybe I'm jumping the gun with the comments I make about solenoids?

CO2 regulators are really only as good as the needle valve that comes with them IMO,

So if you get one over off the net, its pure luck!

Mantis - thanks for the pics, I think you've convinced me that they are a good reg will get one when I can. Just out of interest do you rent the cylinder or did you buy it?

Sorry for the late reply sam!! I rent my co2 bottle its about £3 per month from Air Products and £19 for a refill :) I have had mine for a month now and the guage has not moved :D I think it will last a while!

Cheers Mantis, I got that reg you recommended just have to get the new cylnder now thats all. I ordered it on Monday and it was here by Thursday, very impressed with the service!

Cheers Mantis, I got that reg you recommended just have to get the new cylnder now thats all. I ordered it on Monday and it was here by Thursday, very impressed with the service!

Cool!! If you are looking for a CO2 bottle to rent speak to Air Products, They will recommend a local welding supplier in your area :good: their contact number is 0800 3898229.

Cheers dude :) I got a pub cylinder off ebay for £5.50 bargain! And there is a local welding shop that does refils, well its like the small cylinder you take it an empty one and get a full one in return.

BTW the cylinder has been empty for a few months am I likely to get it to the shop only to find it need testing? or something to make sure its ok?

Cheers dude :) I got a pub cylinder off ebay for £5.50 bargain! And there is a local welding shop that does refils, well its like the small cylinder you take it an empty one and get a full one in return.

BTW the cylinder has been empty for a few months am I likely to get it to the shop only to find it need testing? or something to make sure its ok?

Thats good news :good: It might just need a pressure test, it will be worth getting it done anyway for your safety because the CO2 is put in at a very high pressure mine is about 50bar i think!

Having been given a bit of a shopping list earlier in this thread.
I'vve just picked this lot up off ebay .......

co1.jpg

It looks like a mixture of Aquamedic regulator and bubble counter with a JBL cylinder and diffuser.
Not sure what make the solenoin valve is.

As this is my first pressurised system, can anybody tell me if thers is anything else I should add,
I'm probably going to replace the CO2 diffuser for a glass one eventually, until then how does this good/bad is this one.

I'm assuming I plug the solenoid valve into a timer switch and shut it off at about the same time as the lights go off.

Thanks
Mr G

P.S. If the seller is reading this - Thanks
If anybody was bidding against me - Sorry :hey:

What is the long black thing next to the tank????

Is a spiral diffusers, IMHO is looks the ugliest of all the diffusers you can get. There are so many different types, especially when you've got pressured CO2, why anyone would keep that one is beyond me.

Yeah i was gonna say its hidious.

My thoughs exactly ....... but I'm sure you realise I didnt bid on the item for the diffuser :D
Actuall all the kit arrived today and looks great, but that diffuser has already been broken down into
it's smaller segments and found it's way into my box of spares !

I've got my eye on one of AquaEssentials Dymax 107 diffusers for my 240 Ltr tank.

I've got my eye on one of AquaEssentials Dymax 107 diffusers for my 240 Ltr tank.
Just orderd the 105 from them. They look pretty sweet :D

Glad to hear you've stashed away the sprial one! Having had glass one on my nano I wouldn't get anything else. Even the cheaper ones look a million times better than the plastic ladders.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back