Co2 injection

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

the stock cam in today and they said they would ship it all today as i bought a ph kit and some bits and pieces... so will let u know i have before pics and hopefully they grow well so i can have after pics lol :D

this months pfk has the sytem for review rrp of £19.99 so the 15.00 we are it for is not bad lol

I`ve decided just to get the nutrients and the stabilzer, coz the canister is just like the bottle u make for DIY co2, so i`ll get that c if that does owt, theni`ll buy the canister, a Tropical fish shop, near where i live is stating to get them in now, so its quicker then gettin em over the net... :),
He`s sellin em at £20 but then it would for delivery in total..

true i went round the lfs's yesterday no one had in yet, so i wait for mine to come! wanted to get the reactor separate if possible cos then i can diy the one for the other tank, use an airstone untill i can decide if get a 2nd co2hagen or stick with diy and a hagen

I`ve decided put the plants in the big tank with the fish, and placed the diy setup in with em, i just hope i over diy the tank, i`ve got a 2 bottle setup, for the tank with it being big, i don`t want my to die, though, if i think they are stress i may just use on bottle and then c how it goes, but i`ve got ureis, i don`t think that kinda fish will like the co2, i`ll have to get some testers as i`ve ran out...

Wot shud i look for if i`ve for no testers?? :sick: :/ :crazy: :unsure

Has anyone tried to make one out of a Soda Stream Machines bottel? I have an old one at home so the fitting should fit then all that is needed to be added is a preasure gauge and a regulator, the cartridges are freely available, cheep and you could regulate the whole contraption more accurately.

When I get round to building it I will take a picture or to and post them.

got the CO2 this morning set it all up and its small lol its about 8 inches high! took a pic gonna take a pic of it with tank and then post them for peeps...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/558042.../55804375LMZAjU

The hagen CO2 system was put in to the tank at 11am due to the size of my tank 42x18x12, it says i may need 2 of these in the tank , will see how we get on with this one first.
i testedthe PH of both tanks and they both come out as 7.5 , which is not not bad by my reckoning as i have not tested either of these tanks since they were set up. ( i know but!!)

will test the tank in the morning to see how much the Ph has swung overnight.
I am still awaiting my first bubble it has about 1 cm left to go in the tube as i write this. so its taken almost 6 hours to go 12inches or so along the pipe not bad going.

It has taken 6hours 30 mins for the first bubble to hit the reactor ..wooohooo! :D :D

takes me about 5 mins with my DIY ;) :p :unsure:

Mice one cry :D

they getting bubbles out just they big and not getting smaller on way up reactor have i missed something lol! althou it does say may take 24-48 hrs to get full affect. :/

update on Hagen CO2, I put the system in the tank on friday and over the weekend it has started to work. By working i mean to say so far the bubbles go up the counter/reactor start big and end up very tiny at the top of tank. took 2 days for the change to be in effect. When it first went in only big bubbles would go up . I put in a diy CO2 as well on saturday as the hagen only does good upto 20gallons i think it is. and the diy system is working great lots of tiny bubbles though a new airstone ( plastic long life jobbie) Should see some results in a few weeks. I ahve tested the ph in the tank each day and its been constant around 7.5 each test so far. Which is good perchance. will keep u all informed.
Have to purchase a proper tank CO2 for the 72x24x24 tank when its gets homed in march 2003. priced the tank just need to price a cabinet or build one( ohher!) oh and a hood!

Well it was all quite, everything was still, not a noise to be heard.

It was 2.00 am and i was just falling to sleep after watching a film.

Then the piece was shattered by a BANG

The Dr Pepper bottle that was my co2 reactor suddenly decided that the pressure was just to much for it and it blew up !

My stand, the floor, the electrics for the tank, everything was covered in water and yeast...........By god what a smell ! and what a mess :*)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back