Co2 Fe Method Safety

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

i think shes worried about the regulator coming off/ not fitting as well... but personally i think there safe if treated right

you'll need a bubble counter really, as a drop checker is about 2-4 hours behind what is actually going on in the tank. When you get a little more experienced with C02, you don't have to have one, but it's a good idea.

I have a FE system and was worried when setting up, but like others theres nothing to be worried about as long as you follow the guide on this forum. I have havd my system running for 10 months and just started on my second bottle last week and not had a problem, to be honest as long as its secured in the cupboard/stand you should have nothing to worried about. You just need something to stop the FE falling over by any movement, I used the holder that come with the fire I got just attached it to the inside of my cabinet, hooked on the FE and thats it. I dont even know its there till it needs replacinmg/refilling

i think shes worried because the FE is made to release the co2 fast and she thinks its a throw together thing. (think its because of the tape holding the handle down)

is there any alternative pressurized way? there's yeast (which i want to avoid, because of algae) the FE method and the tinny 500g canisters? is this all whats out there for CO2?

i think shes worried because the FE is made to release the co2 fast and she thinks its a throw together thing. (think its because of the tape holding the handle down)

I dont use tape, I use the little metal safety pin, when you close the handle on the FE's I have you can use the pin to keep it locked. You could always use co2 pub bottles, not sure of the correct name for it but you can use them as well, if you can find a local company that supplies them.

shes worried about how much pressure is in the bottle... i think FE's are at 50bar but im not sure about the pub bottles, i think she'll get whichever lower =] (xmas pressy =D)

Get a cabinet:

DSCF2383.JPG

How safe is that? Most public places have CO2 extinguishers open on the walls for anyone to get hold of, hung by just a clip. People and equipment banging into them all day long with no problems. My one can't be accidentally knocked nor, once the doors are locked, can anything be tampered with by children etc :)

Andy

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back