Co2 Dosing

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

dave_gray2077

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I currently have a 125l tank that is about to be upgraded to 430l.

I'm currently dosing CO2 for a 12l pressurised cylinder. with in being a smallish tank I use a 2cm diameter ceramic defuser and this does its job.

As the new tank has a canister filter could i put my defuser under the inlet tube so the entire canister in affect becomes a reactor?

Or should I invest in some Y splitters and get an other defuser? Or can any one recommend an in-line reactor that will be suitable to be attached to a rena xP3 1350/lph canister?

Yes you can, although the manufacturers of the filter would not recommend it Im sure. I don't have a link for an external reactor perhaps someone else can help you out with that.

Thanks Zig. Ill give it a go with the CO2 going up the inlet pipe.

Any one else have any experiences with in line reactors. Although I will probably just inject CO2 into my inlet pipe I would like to hear some peoples experiences with inlie reactors.

Aqua essentials have this http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?...roducts_id=1694

How ever it seems a bit expensive.

Why wouldn't the manufacturers recommend it?

Because prolonged use of CO2 this way may damage the seals in the filter, although I and many others have not experienced this when using this method of CO2 diffusion.

@dave gray.........of the bought reactors that is probably good value, the ones from the german etailers on ebay are a total rip off IMHO and cost a lot more.

Most reactions

Back