Co2 Diffusor Not Letting O2 Through

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

addy_010

Reaction score
thought i'd test the new spio III co2 diffusor i got the other day off of ebay before trying out homemade co2 for the first time.

at first a few very tiny buddles came through, i then decided to move the tubing into a more permanent position which meant i unconnected the tubing from the diffusor leaving itin the water.

now i have plugged it up again but it no longer will let anything through. i thought maybe because water was inside it (is there supposed to be none?) so i took it out and shook about 99.9% of water out and put it back in but still no air is coming through.

any tips as to why is it doing this? i don't want to start the co2 and find that i end up exploding the bottle as the co2 can't get through and just builds up pressure.

thanks

thought i'd test the new spio III co2 diffusor i got the other day off of ebay before trying out homemade co2 for the first time.

at first a few very tiny buddles came through, i then decided to move the tubing into a more permanent position which meant i unconnected the tubing from the diffusor leaving itin the water.

now i have plugged it up again but it no longer will let anything through. i thought maybe because water was inside it (is there supposed to be none?) so i took it out and shook about 99.9% of water out and put it back in but still no air is coming through.

any tips as to why is it doing this? i don't want to start the co2 and find that i end up exploding the bottle as the co2 can't get through and just builds up pressure.

thanks

does it not come through if you leavet for a day or so as it needs pressure to come out of the diffusor..

thanks

does it not come through if you leavet for a day or so as it needs pressure to come out of the diffusor..

well i havne['t left the air pump running a day as no pressure is being added as the air pump lets it out if it can't push any more out of the normal outlet.

also i have attached the tubing the the bottles i will be using and then squeezed the bottles so the air has no where to go but into the diffusor but still nothing.

thanks

well i havne['t left the air pump running a day as no pressure is being added as the air pump lets it out if it can't push any more out of the normal outlet.

also i have attached the tubing the the bottles i will be using and then squeezed the bottles so the air has no where to go but into the diffusor but still nothing.

how long have you left it...??? i messed about with my diffusor one time and took two days for the bubbles to return.

If you have no luck when squeezing the bottle then I'd guess at a leak at some point along the tubing. When you squeezed the bottle, was it like squeezing a closed bottle (pressure builds up quickly and it gets hard to squeeze further) or was it relatively easy to crumple the bottle completely. If it was easy then the air inside is going somewhere, just not where you want!

WK

I have one of the glass diffusers that came via eBay, but there are no instructions with it. Should it be full of water to work, or not. Any help would be much appreciated.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back