CO2 diffuser help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CatScott

Reaction score
I set up my co2 diffuser a couple of days ago and I'm having issues with the bubbles escaping around the cap instead of passing through the ceramic diffuser, the lid is passing next to no bubbles and its just working its way around the thread and out as big bubbles instead. I cant hand tighten the lid anymore and I'm not sure what else to try? anyone else had this problem? it cant be the diffuser being clogged as its brand new.

Attachments

• IMG_5739.jpg
    IMG_5739.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 180
You can try putting some thread tape around the top of the diffuser where the thread is. Then screw the cap back on. Thread tape is used on taps and showers to stop water leaking out where they are screwed on to the copper pipe. You can buy thread tape from any hardware.

I really like your tank....you should enter it in the next TOTM contest, starting at the beginning of next month!! :)

Thank you, give t some time to get established and I shall look at entering :)

Did you manage to solve it? I have used the PTFE tape and its improved it, it still produces bubbles from the thread but they are now super fine ones, much like what comes out the diffuser itself so I'm leaving it at that.

We took it back to the shop where we bought it from

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back