Co2 Advice

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sumatra

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if you guys could give me a little bit of advice with regards to CO2 in my planted tank? 

Tank: Aqua Nano 55 (55 litre) (40 x 40 x 40cm)
Substrate: Columbo Flora Base
Plants: Alternanthera Rosaefolia, Echinodorus Tricolour, Echinodorus Ozelot (Leopard), Eleocharis Acicularis, Micranthemum Umbrosum
Light: 10 Watt LED

I'm currently using the Tropica Plant Growth 60 CO2 kit which I purchased from Aqua Essentials.

Now, I am a complete newbie when it comes to CO2 (which is pretty much my reasoning behind purchasing this product over some of the more expensive ones), and I'm not entirely sure how to actually use it with regards to my tank. It says on the box that for a 60 litre aquarium the dosering should be around 150 ml, so I figured for a 55 litre it should be slightly less than that. 

My questions are as follows:

1) When should I be dosing this into the tank? Should it be at the start of every day or when I turn on the tank light? At the moment I'm turning my light on in the afternoon. Should I be turning it on in the morning instead and then dosing the CO2 into the tank? 

2) I have a spray bar attached to my powerhead (Aqua One Maxi 102F Powerhead Pump) which is currently positioned to slightly ripple the water level. Is this okay when using CO2 or does it render it useless?

3) Should I be using any fertilisers/root tabs alongside my CO2 and substrate? Columbo Flora Base does have quite a few nutrients in it already.

I do currently have a CO2 indicator and it is green, so that's good. My plants are doing quite well and there has been a little bit of growth since I set my tank up a few days ago. I'd just like to make sure I'm dosing my tank correctly more than anything.

Thanks guys! :)

I have been on their site, yes, but I find it doesn't really explain the best time to dose the tank. I know I need to be doing it daily, but when? 

Did you watch the video? It tells you at about 1:57 to fill the chamber daily at the start of the photoperiod, i.e when the lights are about to come on.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0goaAmsN3M4[/media]

Oh, dear! I've watched that video so many times and not once did that information reach me, aha! I apologise for being so blind.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back