Reaction score
100_6070.jpg

100_6073.jpg

100_6083.jpg

100_3637.jpg

100_7040.jpg

100_7158.jpg

100_7041.jpg

the more I see and think abouta clown loach shoal the more I;m tempted to do it.

fab pics

bound to be more exciting than the piranhas I have in there at the moment :good:

Awww they're gorgeous! :drool: *waves*
You'll have to tell me all their favourite foods so I know what to give them to make them happy :)
I'm going to spoil them rotten, just like my clowns are :D

Gonna show Kev when he gets in and I know he can't help but fall in love, even though he'll deny he has :p

I truly saw how much he loves these fish earlier when we had to take apart the 6ft tank to net Squidge, our rescue tiny baby clown, as he's got the start of whitespot and just today has a clamped dorsal fin so needs to be treated. Noticed that two other tiny babies also have whitespot but so far the big clowns are all untouched so the tiny 1.5inchers are now all in a hospital tank.
But, when we were taking the tank apart, I was removing the bogwood and checking it piece by piece, I then positioned it over the tank so if any loaches should fall out they fall into the tank or at least into my view so I can rescue them.
I then look up and notice that one clown loach baby was over the side of the sliders ... one of the pieces of bogwood was on the back of the tank, overhanging the back. I've never panicked so much in my life. I got that loach in the tank and checked down the back of the tank and saw a baby clown loach flipping around in all the dust right in the middle of the back of the 6ft tank.
Kev taped a net to a metre ruler and got a torch and managed to get this baby out. Once he was out, he wasn't breathing or moving and was barely recognisable for dust. He didn't respond in the tank water so he put him in water a few degrees colder and managed to shock him into consciousness.
I was nearly in tears and was shaking so much I wasn't of any use but Kev was brilliant, although he told me to feel his heart afterwards and it was absolutely pounding.

I've just looked in the hospital tank (luckily already dosed up with salt) and I can barely tell him apart from the others now so he's recovering well and all that muck is off him. There's loads of daphnia in that tank so they've all been hoovering it up.

I don't think I've ever been so attached to fish before, I certainly have never really been so close to tears at the thought of losing one. This little clown loach definitely needs naming now! Only a few of my clowns have names, having so many, but this one will be named - any ideas?

the more I see and think abouta clown loach shoal the more I;m tempted to do it.

fab pics

bound to be more exciting than the piranhas I have in there at the moment :good:

Haha I knew you were gonna get bored of those m8, lol. Should have got a massive shoal of Bucktooth Tetras. I dont understand why people get Piranhas instead of these. You looking to get back into something different now then? I would keep in mind the time these Clowns take to grow, it can get boring waiting them to grow into these magnificent beasts we can see here. Very nice fish m8.

don;t laugh Vinny

the RBP's are ok just not grabbing me , I am definately going through a fish mid life crisis of some kind. always fancied a clown tank with loads of wood and a shoal of congo tetras or maybe smaller tetras to go with them :blush:

Well if you go for it mate, let me know. I have a shoal of 11 Congos you can have for a really really cheap price. I am getting bored of the tank they're in so might use it as a grow on for larger fish for the big tank. All colouring up nicely too.

fab pics

Go for it, Clowns are awesome but take bloody years to grow to this size.

true but i bought three that grew from 2 inches so to a good 4-5 inches and chunky within about 7 months which I was impressed with

got me thinking now!! :good:

Some really great pictures of some out standing clowns I love some of the markings on your guys what sizes are they ?

Have you had them since juveniles ?

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us :good:

Regards onebto

LOVE those clowns - beautiful! How big are they? Difficult to get a sense of scale from the pics. And how old are they?

Clowns are my fav too - got 6 babies that are only 2.5inches at the moment!

clowns are one of my favourite fish, look amazin, hopefully have a tank big enough some day to get some :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back