Clown loaches

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Paradise_Gourami

Fishaholic
Reaction score
im getting a 29 gallon tank and am moving all my fish from my 10gal into it. Im planning on getting rid of my plecos, would clown loaches get along with my other fish? :dunno:

Clown Laoches should be fine with your other tank mates. Make sure your tank is fully cycled before you get them though. I love my clown loaches............they are the best. We are looking into getting a 90-120 gallon tank dedicated to loaches. They are the most fun fish to watch in my tank. If you check out my pics of them in the Photo section you'll see how cute they are. I'm not sure if a 29 gallon can hold more than 2. Make sure you have at least 2 though as they need company.
Good luck with them.
Deb

Im not sure yet what im going to do with my 10gal because i dont hve much space, but if i find space ill try to keep both tanks.

If you don't think you have enough space to run the 29 and your 10 simultaneously, then you won't have enough space to upgrade the size of your 29 in a little while, which is what you'd have to do if you added clown loaches. They're awesome fish, but they get far too big for a 29 gallon tank, I'm afraid.

if you plan to get something bigger ina year, you might get three. keep in mind that they can get up to anywhere from 8-11 inches long and will need the space to move around. they are primarily bottom dwellers, but they do swim up, so therefore you need to take them into account in the 1 inch of fish per gallon rule as well.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back