Clown loach

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Possums

Reaction score
I have 4 clown coach, 3 of them swim together but th largest one hides away in a cave, and doesnt jmix with th other 3, I hardly see him, he never comes out, even when I put food in, th only time I see him is when I clean th gravel, and his cave, he tumbles all over th tank, round and round as if hes drunk, im not sure if hes even eating exept for th algae inside his cave as he seems very skinny and shud be more chunky is he sick, can anyone help please

I have 4 clown coach, 3 of them swim together but th largest one hides away in a cave, and doesnt jmix with th other 3, I hardly see him, he never comes out, even when I put food in, th only time I see him is when I clean th gravel, and his cave, he tumbles all over th tank, round and round as if hes drunk, im not sure if hes even eating exept for th algae inside his cave as he seems very skinny and shud be more chunky is he sick, can anyone help please
Not sure ,you have pics ? A pic may help. Keep in mind clown loaches are scaleless fish and as such are more susceptible to poor water quality and disease. Also keep in mind they are a shoaling fish that belong in groups of at least six and can get up to a foot each so having a group of at least 6 would require at minimum 75 gallons ideally more.

Video would be more instructive than even photos, if there are swimming issues. Utahfish is correct, this is a shoaling species that must have a group. It is also a highly social fish (loaches in general are), establishing an hierarchy with an alpha fish (usually a female) that literally runs the show. They get large, 8-12 inches, and need at least a 6-foot tank but 8-feet is preferable. Before acquiring any more, keep this in mind.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back