Clown Loach

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jayjay316

Reaction score
Question i have 2 older Clown Loach and a baby, I got the 2 older ones first and they were the same size.
Thing is one of them has got much bigger, but it looks like she is pregnant because her belly has got so big. i no she is to young as i have only had them 4 months old. but now the other belly is starting to get big. it just does not look right. i will get some pics up when i can. but any ideas would be great. Could they be unwell.

They might well be sick, she wont be pregnant, clown loach wont breed in captivity, certainly not at that age and even in the right set up, its generally done using hormone injections.

What size tank have you got them in? I had a clownloach that looked awfully fat but it turned out it was because its spine had kinked, within months it had grown another 5cm and got thinner as it stretched out.

It could be an internal bacterial problem, it could be a diet problem, it could just be they are eating a lot :p clown loach can be right pigs and their bellies will stretch huge when they eat!

I thhink the first things you want to sort out is:

-size of the tank?
-size of the fish?
-water parameters? (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?)
-what do you feed the tank/how often/how much?

They might well be sick, she wont be pregnant, clown loach wont breed in captivity, certainly not at that age and even in the right set up, its generally done using hormone injections.

What size tank have you got them in? I had a clownloach that looked awfully fat but it turned out it was because its spine had kinked, within months it had grown another 5cm and got thinner as it stretched out.

It could be an internal bacterial problem, it could be a diet problem, it could just be they are eating a lot :p clown loach can be right pigs and their bellies will stretch huge when they eat!

I thhink the first things you want to sort out is:

-size of the tank?
-size of the fish?
-water parameters? (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?)
-what do you feed the tank/how often/how much?

Thank you for you reply,
I have a 350L tank
I feed them evening at the same time.
I will get the other info tonight.
I feed them tetra pro colour.

so one food only? no variation in the diet?

They do grow an odd shape if you feed heavily. Ideally we need pics though.

Agreed, i think picks and water stats will help :)

That and im nosey, love photos of clown loach lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back