Clown loach

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

james80000

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am taking the leporinus back today. Can I get clown loaches? he has some in the shop. do they "go" with all my other fish? Angel, gold barbs, neons, mollies, guppies and black widows.
thanks,
James

I would think so...but I'll let others who have more expertise in tropicals comment as well.

Glad to hear the Leporinus is going back...not only for your other tank inhabitants, but for the leporinus as well.

I know it's not easy to take a fish back that you may really like, but it really is in the best interest of the fish.

Good luck with the clowns...they are really cool fish.

yep the clowns should be ok. the angel may chase them about a bit but they'll easily avoid it and it'll get fed up after a while. Only thing is if you need to med' any fish. it's best to have a small setup availble as a hospital. Clowns having fine scales (almost skin)require a lesser dosage than usual. Not sure what the others would say though. I've been ok since I've had mine they haven't needed treatment and any of the others were removed to a different tank.

As far as medicating clowns, go with meds made for scaleless fish or go 1/2 dose of the regular meds.

when you first get them make sure you put them in a QT tank. Most likely you will need to medicate them for ick. Make sure they are a minimum of 2" when you get them. Any smaller than that and your guranteed not to have them for very long. They are very delicate when they are smaller than 2". Just a little tip I have learned. Rose

Well we did bring the leporinus back. Bought 3 clown loaches (all about 2 inches). 3 neons, 3 dalmation mollies, and 2 neon gouramis. Got home all seemed great! all were swimming about happily. no other fish were chasing the new ones or anything. They were all fine until i went to bed (after 4 hours of getting them).
THis morning woke up, no clown loach. Vanished.
:( so annoyed

Could they be hiding? They'd be stressed after the move and likely to hide at first.

no see the other 2 are fine, swimming around. Its just the one that has gone. i have triple checked the tank, he isnt there. no body or anything. probably eaten by the other inhabitants after death.

Unlikely that the other fish you have would be able to consume even a 2" fish overnight...then again I guess anything is possible.

Is there anyway the fish could have jumped out of the tank? Any small openings for it to go AWOL from?

Check the floors and everywhere look further than you think it could have jump. As cichlidmaster it's unlikely that the others hace consumed it all. these fish like to hide a lot and quite often "play dead" just to spook you(the practical jokers of the aquariums) look behimnd the filter in plants, under plants rocks best thing to do is lift everything out of the tank apart from the substrate filter and heater(plants rocks and ornaments only) that way you should be ablle to see easier if it realy is missing. I have Kuhli loaches and have to do this on a regular bassis just to make sure they aren't dead.

honestly he isnt there! There is NO WAY that he could have jumped out. The weird thing is that there was no trace of him at all. I dont know. its a mystery! Im going to strip the tank now so.

One other posiibility...Could it have jumped/been sucked up in your filter??

stripped the whole tank (and filter). couldnt see him.
Gave up.
Moved the catfishes shell and the catfish came out. Then saw a marking of orange, right inside the shell. (didnt even know any more room in there existed!). The bit of orange then disappeared. Im hoping its him!

ok i think its him. However it doesnt look as though he can get out. Do i try and get him out or leave it to him? He has been in there all day you see

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back