Clown loach is Hiding

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

faolteam

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My rather large Clownloach last couple of Months is staying in his Phone box i know He goes in and Has to swim in the Narrow Door and then IS length ways head on top tail on bottom absolutely no leg room in here, you would be cramped in here anyway havent seen him in ages so i lifted it up today and he was there even moore huddled up should i remove this as its quite small for him any advice appreciated i will enclose the similar item here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08TZV15SW/?tag=

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The clown loach is probably stressed - they are shoaling fish which need company of their own kind. But as these are big fish, you need a huge tank for a shoal of them.

I have him over 3 years he was always like that i guess then so i dont think its stress, when he does come out he makes his presence known

My rather large Clownloach last couple of Months is staying in his Phone box i know He goes in and Has to swim in the Narrow Door and then IS length ways head on top tail on bottom absolutely no leg room in here, you would be cramped in here . . .
Have you checked your phone bill recently?
Maybe the fish is having a relationship with another fish in another country and is spending hours on the phone chatting to them.
Has you been watching Doctor Who recently?
Maybe the fish got a laptop or tablet and is surfing the net.
Maybe it is using fishforums.net to ask questions about its human owner :)

On a serious note, post a picture of the tank.
Make sure you have a picture on the back of the tank.
Make sure you have some floating plants in/ on the tank.
Make sure the water, gravel and filter are cleaned regularly.

Clown loaches are nocturnal and spend most of the day sleeping under wood or rocks. Yours uses a TARDIS.

Clown loaches are social schooling fish that do best in groups of 6 or more.

Picture on back of tank , Have substrate there is photo, Yes Phone bill was expensive this month

Attachments

• IMG_20210526_222036.jpg
    IMG_20210526_222036.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20210526_222047.jpg
    IMG_20210526_222047.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20210526_222033.jpg
    IMG_20210526_222033.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20210526_222043.jpg
    IMG_20210526_222043.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 112
Put some floating plants like Water Sprite in the tank and it will reduce the glare from the white sand.

I don't have much like ok with floating plants the last lot I got just shriveled up and went brown

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back