Clown loach death wish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

impur

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My smallest clown loach is about 2.5" He started at 1" i'd say. Well lately it has taken a liking to playing chicken with my 5" GT. He will sneak up behind the GT and nip the end of his dorsal fin. The GT will turn around and chase the clown for a short bit and then leave it alone. The clown does this all day long. It doesn't look to actually take any bit out of the fin of the GT but does make him pretty aggro. I think the GT could easily fit this clown into his mouth but the worst i've seen the GT do is the "cichlid ramming" where he just hits the clown with his lips. Very odd behavior to me. I'm contimplating putting the 3 clowns in my 29 gal when i get it set up and cycled. Think this is a good idea? The 3 clowns and GT have been together from the beginning of the tank. All are very healthy with full fins.

Oh yah, and now this same little clown will sometimes fight with the alpha male of the 3. The alpha is about 3.5" and much wider and taller bodied. This little guy has some guts :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

Back