Clown Knife Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

McKean

Reaction score
Hey guys. Created this account bc I'm currently locked out of my old one. Anyway, I regularly feed my Clown Knife Fish (200 gal, had him for about 8 months, just under a foot in length, happy and healthy so far, stable water perams.) about a square inch of frozen krill every other night. Every so often I'll throw in a diced silverside fish to mix things up. Last week I tossed in a thawed silverside about an inch or so in length. Like usual, he came racing to the top for his food, but he seemed very taken aback when he ate the silverside. He didn't eat for the rest of the night and has lacked an appetite since then. Any ideas what went wrong? I find it hard to believe that he just didn't like it because he won't even eat krill anymore. What should be my next step? I put in some Mysis shrimp tonight on the off chance he might be constipated or something related but of course, they were too small for him to show interest in. Thanks for the help!

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Make sure the water quality is good and do a big 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for a week. Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks.

Try some live glass shrimp.

Monitor the fish to see if it appears fat and bloated around the belly and monitor its poop. If it starts doing stringy white poop then there's a problem.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back