FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

W.R

Reaction score
Heya all, recently I've had my established 20L/5Gal tank emptied out (bare a few pregnant shrimp), and I've been thinking about what to stock it with, the filter flow is minimal, very many floating plants (red root and salvinia, frogbit) as well as some vallisneria gigantea, mosses etc. Ph is a little low usually around 6-6.2, there's a little wood in the tank, no rocks. tap water is fairly soft.

I grow my own brine shrimp and have a pond filled with mosquito larvae most of the year, and if the killis get fry I have a 60L/14Gal that I might try them out in as well (currently occupied by two honey gourami and a trio of male guppy).

Would anyone recommend me to take them on? Any tips I may not easily find online? (also does anyone know if they are ok with honey gourami? So far they show no interest in the guppies or their fry, neither in shrimp).

Thanks in advance, I'll post a picture of the tanks once I'm done re-scaping them :)

The clown Killis will be fine in the 20 by themselves. And don't tend to eat their fry. Just have plenty of surface plants to make them happy

If the gouramis breed they might bash the killis.

Very good point, luckily the gourami do not seem into each other at all, and when the male displays his mating colours I put him in a bachelor pad until he's back to normal hah...

Thanks for the warning :)

The clown Killis will be fine in the 20 by themselves. And don't tend to eat their fry. Just have plenty of surface plants to make them happy

I've got frogbit and red root floaters as well as the vallisneria which is so long it flows on the surface water a bit :)

How many would be ok in the 20L? should I do pairs or unevens? 3? 4?

I've got frogbit and red root floaters as well as the vallisneria which is so long it flows on the surface water a bit :)

How many would be ok in the 20L? should I do pairs or unevens? 3? 4?
4 or 5, I like odd numbers

Reactions: W.R

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back