Cloudy Water In New Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mimifish

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new here. I just bought a 75 gallon tank and put some washed gravel in (50 pounds) and filled it with water, put some water conditioner in it to remove chlorine, and have started my canister filter (containing activated charcoal, coarse & fine filter mesh, and ceramic stones for bacterial growth surface), and an air bubble wand.

The day after I did this the water became cloudy, just a white cloudy, sort of like a fog. I do not have any plants or fish in there. My pH is currently 8.1, nitrite and ammonia was 0, my dGH is 11, and dKH is 9. It has been cloudy for 4 days, can somebody explain what this is and what it is caused by?

I bought 2 sword plants today (roots are in the little bucket with wool) and put them in, because I want to do the fishless cycling and I plan on getting some pure ammonia and following the protocol seen here on this forum, I would really appreciate some tips on doing this.

Thanks in advance.

Its just all those wonderful bacteria breeding to get rid of those harmful chemicals like ammonia nitrites etc... Do you know about cycling? It will pass (What ever you do don't add fish) ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back