Cloudy Fish Tank Water

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fishy friends

Reaction score
my fish tank is realy cloudy today i did a water change it stayed clear for a bit then after i fed my fish it became cloudy again.
i have been trying to keep it clear but its totaly not working!!

any one got any advise how to clear it??

thanks fishy friends :)

my fish tank is realy cloudy today i did a water change it stayed clear for a bit then after i fed my fish it became cloudy again.
i have been trying to keep it clear but its totaly not working!!

any one got any advise how to clear it??

thanks fishy friends :)

What filter are you using ?

im useing Fluval 3 plus. i have just changed the pads for my filter ;/ is this the problem??

my tank has been set up for about a month now.
im new to keeping fish so dont know much sorry ;/

fishy friends :)

It might be ammonia from the fish. An air stone helps clear up the water

I have expirence in this matter, don't worry, what I am saying is correct.

i have got a air stone in at the moment. i am feeding them3-4 times a day, is this the problem??

Yes, only feed them in the morning and at night. Is there any excess food on the bottom? This might be causing it.

there is a bit off food and also there is a lot off poo. my fish seem to poo all the time!

If you still have the pads from the 3+, put them back into the filter. That filter is basically nothing more than a sponge filter with a power head all built into a single box. I use a 4+ in one of my tanks that has never had any part of the filtering media, two stiff sponges, changed since I first got it. The entire biological filter is just those two sponges so throwing them away means restarting the cycle from scratch.

Sounds like you are overfeeding... and probably too much too ! Cut down to ONE feed a day, at least a hour before "lights out" and then only enough food that has totally gone within a minute or so...
Your tank needs to cycle, and you are stuck with "fish in" unless you can move the fish to another tank ?
I would do several large water changes, say 50% every couple of days...
Filter pads DO NOT NEED TO BE CHANGED as a "matter of course" this is a LIE perpetrated by the manufacturers to get us to buy "spares"
I have the SAME sponges in filters 20 years old !

it's almost certainly a bacterial bloom. they're harmless to everything but kinda ugly. it'll go away in a week or so with good filtration. also, feed a bit less.

so what is my next thing i should be doing?

i cant move the fish becouse i have not got any other tank apart from my 20 gal tank that my fry is in.

thanks

so what is my next thing i should be doing?

i cant move the fish becouse i have not got any other tank apart from my 20 gal tank that my fry is in.

thanks

READ !!!!! There are tons of threads re "cycling" - and start those water changes !!! (dont forget the dechlorinater !)

I think clouds in fish tank occured due over feeding of foods try to reduce that and fish tank should be cleaned in regular interval. Use fresh water in tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back