Cloudy Eye Cichlid

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

melicharw

Reaction score
20221231_193852.png
This beautiful boy has a cloudy eye. He can not see with this eye. If anybody knows what this is and if it is curable I'd love to hear from you. I am also wondering if this is something that can spread to my other fish. I am pretty new to raising cichlids and I have not seen this before. My tank is very healthy and happy except for this issue.

View attachment 308394This beautiful boy has a cloudy eye. He can not see with this eye. If anybody knows what this is and if it is curable I'd love to hear from you. I am also wondering if this is something that can spread to my other fish. I am pretty new to raising cichlids and I have not seen this before. My tank is very healthy and happy except for this issue.
I’ve had this issue and found out it’s that my fish went blind. It had the same cloudy eye and as long as its other eye isn't cloudy this shouldn’t be a huge problem. It’s incurable as they’ve already gone blind and it cannot be passed on. It may have been bullied and pecked at or may have bumped into something. Sorry for your fish. Don’t worry they will live.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back