Cloudy eye and white face on green terror?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

littlefishyaquarium

Reaction score
Hi!
My green terror hasn’t been very active today and has been sitting at the bottom of the tank. Upon closer look one of his eyes appears cloudy and half his face has turned white. Any clues what this could be? Could this be illness or maybe from fighting? He has a small red mark in his eye too. Water has been checked and is all good.
Thanks!

Attachments

• FEB51517-4D11-48B6-9844-0FFC27EA9A80.jpeg
    FEB51517-4D11-48B6-9844-0FFC27EA9A80.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 864
  • F9BCF810-E4D9-4924-AC80-AE875F038144.jpeg
    F9BCF810-E4D9-4924-AC80-AE875F038144.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 6E0C3CCA-7DFE-4376-B730-8CAFF80A7776.jpeg
    6E0C3CCA-7DFE-4376-B730-8CAFF80A7776.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 57
The fish looks unwell. It is unlikely to be fighting because they end up with open wounds when they fight.

It's either something in the water or the fish has an internal issue.

you can try doing a big (75%) water change and gravel cleaning the substrate every day for a week and see if it helps.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash the filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water and re-use them. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn. Cleaning the filter means less gunk and cleaner water with fewer pathogens.

If there's any change, post more pictures and maybe a short (1 minute) video.

How long have you been keeping the fish?
What do you feed the fish?

The fish looks unwell. It is unlikely to be fighting because they end up with open wounds when they fight.

It's either something in the water or the fish has an internal issue.

you can try doing a big (75%) water change and gravel cleaning the substrate every day for a week and see if it helps.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash the filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water and re-use them. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn. Cleaning the filter means less gunk and cleaner water with fewer pathogens.

If there's any change, post more pictures and maybe a short (1 minute) video.
Okay great thanks for your help! Will do and will update. He looks a bit better today thankfully.

I think he's actually in trouble, and needs watching. Different countries have different rules for medications and remedies, but I would suspect from the open mouth and head that he's lost a fight, and is in peril.

I think he's actually in trouble, and needs watching. Different countries have different rules for medications and remedies, but I would suspect from the open mouth and head that he's lost a fight, and is in peril.
He does like to have a fight sometimes and can be quite aggressive at times. We are keeping a close eye on him!

I don't think red parrot cichlids or clown loaches would do that.
If the other fish are ok, then it's unlikely to be a water quality issue.
This leaves an internal issue with the fish.

Is it still eating?
What does its poop look like?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back