Close Please!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Yazan

Fishaholic
Reaction score
As some of you or maybe non of you know that there his a worm out there called "Bubbles" and I need a free up to date anti-virus program.....

Trick is not to get it in the first place. I don't use AV s/w as it slooooooows my PC down soooooooooo much. (I have a dual core 3.4G c 1/2T HDD, so NOT a slow PC).

Simple: don't D/L & run daft stuff & if you don't know where or who an e-mail is from DONT OPEN IT. Turn the preview pane in outlook OFF. Also, keep Windows permenantly bang up to date.

If you want one however, look at AVG.

Also, get, install & run regularly:
Ewido
AdAware SE
Spybot search & destroy

DEFINATELY 100% run a firewall, even if it is the M/S one as well as Windows Defender. I run Sygate Personal Firewall Pro (superb).

As a final line of defence I run StartUp Monitor Pro - this little baby monitor any hidden activity that writes s/w to be auto run on startup. VERY useful

Andy

Run Avast antivirus. Best free AV I've come across, and it isn't very resource intensive either.

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Also you might want to run McAfee's stinger to scan and remove any preexisting viruses. Sometimes you can use it to remove any immediate virus threats. It doesn't remove all virus threats, but it does remove good number of the most recent and prevalent virus threats.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Hope that helps,

BTW, I think it's poor advice to tell someone NOT to run an antivirus, even if you've given what you think is good advice on how not to get infected. You can get viruses even from people you know and from 'trusted' sites. The thing about viruses is that infect everyone indiscriminately. You can just as easily get a virus from the latest build of your favorite utility as you can from a warez site. It's better to be safe *and* practice good computing habits.

Well imo AVG is the best i have ever had. You can get free a free download of avg internet security here:
AVG downloads- this includes everything you need anti spam, anti spyware, firewall,anti virus (worms, viruses and trojans) etc

Also PC tools antivirus (virus togan and worm protection) is quite good and spyware doctor (both of the same company)
Spyware Doctor
PC tools anti virus

Hope these help

Will

i strongly agree with DarkeHorse on this one. it is plain stupid to advise against an anti virus package. though it must be remembered that some thought large ocean going ships were a waste of time, coz they would fall off the edge of our flat world.

i would greatly recommend these! they are infact made by the best personal protection software firm there is Kaspersky!
listed by most as the best free programs around. if used with a router, they are said to be up with the best paid products, and i dont mean home products. if you find your computer slow after loading them, its more than likely that your computer needs changing, not the software.
http://www.comodo.com/products/free_products.html

once again never, never, never run your computer, on the net, without some good quality protection software. even once clean files can, and are infected on occasion!

i strongly agree with DarkeHorse on this one. it is plain stupid to advise against an anti virus package. though it must be remembered that some thought large ocean going ships were a waste of time, coz they would fall off the edge of our flat world.

i would greatly recommend these! they are infact made by the best personal protection software firm there is Kaspersky!
listed by most as the best free programs around. if used with a router, they are said to be up with the best paid products, and i dont mean home products. if you find your computer slow after loading them, its more than likely that your computer needs changing, not the software.

once again never, never, never run your computer, on the net, without some good quality protection software. even once clean files can, and are infected on occasion!

Boboboy, so is Comodo the same as Kaspersky?

He was a good chess player as well LOL

I'm downloading Comodo or whatever by Boboboy.

I've been downloading 'Comodo' but it got stuck half way so now I'm downloading 'PC protect tools', it is also free.

Boboboy, so is Comodo the same as Kaspersky?

He was a good chess player as well LOL
I think the bought version, offers more control, and offers some features not in the free program. when i first started to use it, 9-12 months ago. comodo actually identified itself as Kaspersky, though now this has changed to Comodo. if i am super critical, it is a bit more complicated to set up than some, but thats the point, fully automatic software can never be as good as the same program, but set i up manually.

lol yeh i believe he was, though this was something i did not know till after i got the program! :blush: :blush:

You could get the best anti-virus programs...

Linux or freeBSD! :fun: :p

I would go with Avast for a free anti-virus and ZoneAlarm for a free firewall. Great stuff.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back