clogged python system

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i am having a great day with unplugging the python cleaner. i took all the parts apart 3 times. got it to flow to fill the tank. now the switch to turn off the wand doesn’t work.
anyone know what position the ball inside one of the pieces should be?😳

I would replace the ball assembly with a metal one from hardware store or amazon....get one with the biggest opening...I replaced mine with a nice solid brass one

Last edited:
I would replace the ball assembly with a metal one from hardware store or amazon....get one with the biggest opening...I replaced mine with a nice solid brass one
i went to the python website. they have many parts. one brass part is called “ female “.
gross. i’m surprised womens’ rights haven’t gone after that. 😉

i emailed Python because none of the brass parts on their website looks like the switch 🤷‍♀️

You can buy Aqueon parts that fit Python, both make a near-identical wate changing unit; I did this for the faucet adapter unit which seems to give out regularly. The Aqueon appears to be sturdier. But brass would be even moreso if you can find them.

It doesnt have to be the python ball valve.. any make shutoff valve would work.. but buy a quality metal one.. preferably brass

Last edited:
they sell the python valve on amazon...but for $3 more, I'd go with the brass one I linked to previously..it is much easier to turn and has higher flow-thru rate

the python valve is here
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000255NV4/?tag=ff0d01-20
but spend the difference and get the brass one

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You can buy Aqueon parts that fit Python, both make a near-identical wate changing unit; I did this for the faucet adapter unit which seems to give out regularly. The Aqueon appears to be sturdier. But brass would be even moreso if you can find them.
thanks. Fishmanic gave me a link to a brass one amazon- that’s probably better.

Just something to consider. The plastic ball valve on the python systems do restrict the flow a lot. But on the python system I have the valve typically hangs down and can bang against the glass if you are not careful. I wonder how much of a bang against the glass it would take with a brass valve to break or crack the glass.

Just something to consider. The plastic ball valve on the python systems do restrict the flow a lot. But on the python system I have the valve typically hangs down and can bang against the glass if you are not careful. I wonder how much of a bang against the glass it would take with a brass valve to break or crack the glass.
hi - well amazon has one for &4.99 plastic and one $13.99 brass. considering having to drag the hose a long distance and have 4 tanks- my python gets a workout. yesterday the problem was i had unknowingly sucked up too much sandy covering( for the plecos comfort) over gravel. the sand was all around that ball. in short i think i’ll try the plastic again and be more careful 😬

hi - well amazon has one for &4.99 plastic and one $13.99 brass. considering having to drag the hose a long distance and have 4 tanks- my python gets a workout. yesterday the problem was i had unknowingly sucked up too much sandy covering( for the plecos comfort) over gravel. the sand was all around that ball. in short i think i’ll try the plastic again and be more careful 😬
thanks though. is your avator a sunfish? as a kid we tried to catch bluegills and sunfish by hand! while we were swimming in Wisconsin lakes 😄 they are so pretty. now i have a blue spotted sunfish ( native to Florida area ) to kinda remember my WI life☺️

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back